Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin 5exi builds

Marlin 5exi builds Calling all you sexi builders....sorry 5exi builders, show us your progress.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th March 2005, 23:21

RossOliver is on a distinguished road
Default A few quick questions

Hi,

I'm interested in building my first kit car throughout the rest of the year. I am set on the Marlin 5EXi since it appears to be aimed at the less experienced builders and I was wondering if you could help answer a few questions I have;

Do I need the donor car parts first, or can they be put in just as easily once the three packages have been put together?

Is the insurance on the 5EXi quite expensive compared to regular (non-kit car) cars? (as im only 18 and imagine insurance could be an inssue...im looking at the 1400/1600cc engines)

Are all the head lights/brake lights etc supplied in one of the packages, or do you get these seperatly from the donor car/brand new?

How safe are these cars to drive...am i correct in thinking the exterior panels are all fiberglass?

Thanks for your time

-Ross
Available from eBay