Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 9th December 2003, 21:18
Kit Car Dreamer

liszt is on a distinguished road
Default Wiring up

Howdy doody all.

Another reefugee from piston heads here.

I have a Dax Rush on order and will be slipping a rover v8 under the bonnet. I am not bothering with a donor car but getting most bits already refurbished. One item I was looking to save cash on(just the one I hear you cry) was the wiring loom. I was planning on making it myself.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a simple car layout. Saves me having to trawl through a Haynes manual with the ladybird book of electronics.

I used to wire generators so am adept with the crimpers and cable wrap

Thanks in advance.

L
Available from eBay
Old 9th December 2003, 21:33
Enthusiast

kitcarman is on a distinguished road

Liszt,

You won’t escape from me that easily !

I’ve got just the job for you. I’ll e-mail a diagram tomorrow. Used to make them for the Sumo MYSELF and I designed it, so should be able to help with alterations and/or talk you through any problems.

Buying the wire by the 50m roll the materials used to cost only £15. Problem is you won’t need more than about 5m of any particular colour, unless you want to make a batch of 10.

Might make an interesting article too!

But don’t let this reply stop others responding . Liszt might not want to deal with me after the ear-ache I cause him and everyone else on PH.

Den.
Old 10th December 2003, 12:30
Kit Car Dreamer

liszt is on a distinguished road

Cheers Den.

Having seen sme of the looms used in the Power control industry I know I can make a very good job of it. Also happen to have a ew pieces of wire and the odd terminal or 2 hiding in the attic It is also easier to ask for something that has alread been done than reinvent the wheel.