Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Show off your cars > Show us your Kit Cars

Show us your Kit Cars You've just taken 2 years to build your pride and joy, right? Then why not show it off here. Let us see your creations.

Old 6th February 2007, 16:09
Enthusiast

vojx is on a distinguished road
Smile My Corse

I’m always interested in seeing the build of others’ cars, so I’ve put some (scanned) pictures of the build of my car onto the www. It was a Lancia Stratos lookalike.
As a bit of background, originally I purchased a Litton Corse i chassis in early 1991. A few months later Litton went bankrupt, but fortunately the chassis was mostly finished and I was able to start. Being minus bodywork, I approached Hawk Cars and arranged for a set of Group 4 panels.
Although externally rather similar, the chasses of the two kits are rather different – lots of head scratching and cutting were needed – and quite a few mistakes were made. In hindsight, I should have cut the body to fit the chassis. . .
. . . the story could be titled:
How not to do it, or
Do not mix your kits
After 2 years of weekends and holidays, 25kGBP, it finally saw the roads. After tweaking, the effort was certainly worth it. Plenty of modifications over the years, although the last (new headlights) took the car off the road in ca 2000. After my exile in Germany, August 2007 will see SiD finally metamorphise (slowly) into the ALIEN (that’s another album on the site).
Anyway, have a laugh – AMATEUR is the word you’ll be searching for.
http://www.albumtown.com/vojx
Available from eBay
Old 7th February 2007, 08:50
Enthusiast

Ex-Biker is on a distinguished road

Looking good.