Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 10th January 2013, 14:05

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road
Default Goodwood Revival 2013

Probably a bit early to start getting too excited about an event that's scheduled for mid September, but I've got my leave sorted out, bought my tickets for Goodwood Revival and booked a Hotel within striking distance of the circuit. All I need to find now is a suitable fifties outfit or two. Oh, and I need to finish my car...

Anyone else thinking of going? It'd be nice to have an enclave of Sammio/Ribble products peppered amongst the million dollar trailer queens in the pre '73 car park.

It's the weekend of Friday 13th to Sunday 15th September 2013 this year (it was a sell out last year) and more info. is available on their website -

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/revival/wh...s-revival.aspx
Available from eBay
Old 10th January 2013, 14:59

AndyP57 is on a distinguished road

Oh yes, Both little Andy and I are there for the duration. Camping from Friday to Monday!
Look out for the Ukulele sounds and plumes of old shag
Old 10th January 2013, 15:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyP57 View Post
Oh yes, Both little Andy and I are there for the duration. Camping from Friday to Monday!
Look out for the Ukulele sounds and plumes of old shag
Camping you say. Hmm. Had quite enough of that in the forces so I'll be slumming it in a four star hotel 35 miles away. Will keep my eyes open for the George Formby tribute act and smoke signals though.
Old 10th January 2013, 16:20

AndyP85 is on a distinguished road

I can't wait as this will be my first Goodwood Revival! I am hoping to dressed 50's style for the occasion and it would be nice to see several Pilots and Navigators there too!
Old 10th January 2013, 16:50

phil9 is on a distinguished road

me and barry are going 3 days just got too sort work com's //be a great weekend.... have not been the last few years so be good to go back .
Old 10th January 2013, 19:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil9 View Post
me and barry are going 3 days just got too sort work com's //be a great weekend.... have not been the last few years so be good to go back .
Great news Phil, I'll be travelling down on the Thursday, late morning, and I'm staying over in Crawley. It'd be great to have a convoy of three cars...
Old 11th January 2013, 07:27

Charman.tech is on a distinguished road

Will make a point of going this year as have missed the last three years. Always prefer the Friday there seemed to be more access but I am not so sure now.

Towed, I only live 6 miles from Crawley so if you wanted to call in and see my miserable state of progress you are welcome, I work from home. I take it you have accommodation with friends and not in a hotel, I could always accommodate a fellow enthusiast rather than spend money on a hotel.
Old 11th January 2013, 07:41

Thanks for the offer CT, but I've already booked and paid for 3 nights dinner, bed and breakfast in a 4* Crawley Hotel for a very reasonable, but non-refundable sum (under £60 per night). The closer you get to Goodwood circuit the more expensive the hotel rooms get over that weekend, which is why I've gone for a base 35 miles away. Should be an enjoyable way to blow the cobwebs out drving to the circuit each morning too.

Drop me a PM with your mobile number and address and I'd love to drop in and take a look at your G46. Surely you'll have made some progress by September?

Good luck getting your ride height sorted out, afraid I know nothing about scimitar suspension so I can't help with lowering advice. Looking forward to meeting you in September, Towed.
Old 11th January 2013, 07:53

Charman.tech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post
Thanks for the offer CT, but I've already booked and paid for 3 nights dinner, bed and breakfast in a 4* Crawley Hotel for a very reasonable, but non-refundable sum (under £60 per night). The closer you get to Goodwood circuit the more expensive the hotel rooms get over that weekend, which is why I've gone for a base 35 miles away. Should be an enjoyable way to blow the cobwebs out drving to the circuit each morning too.

Drop me a PM with your mobile number and address and I'd love to drop in and take a look at your G46. Surely you'll have made some progress by September?

Good luck getting your ride height sorted out, afraid I know nothing about scimitar suspension so I can't help with lowering advice. Looking forward to meeting you in September, Towed.
There are two good routes from us to Goodwood and both are great driving roads (they are in Sussex and not full of pot holes like the roads in Surrey) I will give you the low down on the best sections of each route to blow the cobwebs out of your car
Old 11th January 2013, 07:54

froggyman is on a distinguished road

Looks like I better buy my tickets now rather than wait until the reminder on the calender. I have been to the Festival before which was brilliant so am looking forward to my first Revival. Will be using the campsite again which is fine as long as you get up early to avoid queuing for the showers! Look forward to seeing you all there.
Old 11th January 2013, 08:07

Hmm. Three nights in a tent and queue for the showers £155. Three nights 4* en-suite double room with full English breakfast and a three course dinner including wine, beer or a soft drink for £180. Damn, could've saved myself twenty-five quid...
Old 11th January 2013, 08:18

AndyP57 is on a distinguished road

There are other benefits T.
I was kicking myself last year for not staying on site (not only because of the queue to get out of the car park and driving 10 miles which took the best part of an hour) as there are now heaps of entertaining stuff happening at the 'Over the Road' site till late on with a good selection of real ales.
Even putting up with the shower situation and possible temperature problems I resolved to get into the camp site early this year.
Old 11th January 2013, 10:49

Yes, I appreciate that there are fringe benefits to staying on site. I might do that another year, but only if global warming means we're guaranteed a dry, sunny weekend...
Old 11th January 2013, 12:37

froggyman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post
Hmm. Three nights in a tent and queue for the showers £155. Three nights 4* en-suite double room with full English breakfast and a three course dinner including wine, beer or a soft drink for £180. Damn, could've saved myself twenty-five quid...
It is not compulsory to use a tent so the 5* Motorhome will do again I suppose.
Old 11th January 2013, 14:59

Ahh, that sounds swish.

Funnily enough both my wife and I would love a camper for weekend breaks. Trouble is, when I say camper I'm thinking of something rusty built by VW before 1967, but when she says camper, she means something brand new from Winnebago that costs more than a house. Oh well, vive la difference.