Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds Enthused or Confused about your vintage Marlin build? Ask away here or show off your build.

Old 28th December 2014, 19:30

6981marlin is on a distinguished road
Default v55

Good evening, I have been asked by the dvla to fill in a v55 for my marlin sportster. Could anyone give me an idea of the details that I need to fill in and the parts that I don't need to fill in? Thanks
Available from eBay
Old 28th December 2014, 21:00
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

I assume you have passed your IVA, so congratulations on that

When I completed mine back in 2008 there was a useful guide on Totalkitcar but that has now been removed.
But, I did find this link that still seems to be relevant and may be a good starting point...
http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index....vla-form-v555/
I guess the form may now have changed a bit to account for the latest options of paying by direct debt, etc.
I think Nigel and Mike have completed one more recently so may be able to answer any specific questions?

...peter
Old 3rd January 2015, 11:45

NigelB is on a distinguished road

Here is a link to a guide to filling out the V55/4 form that you need to complete.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...5X4_080814.pdf

If the V55 is the form I'm thinking of I seem to remember that I left the majority of the boxes blank. I 'kinda' used the V5 as a guide to the sort of information that was needed - if it was on the V5 I filled in the box on the V55 - kept my fingers crossed and submitted it. It turned out OK for me but that was 18 months ago and DVLA has changed a lot since then!!

Nigel