Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Vintage and Classic Roadster Kit Car Builds

Vintage and Classic Roadster Kit Car Builds For Vintage and Classic era kit cars. Post your build reports, problems and progress here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1st March 2017, 12:59

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Default Rain Stopped Play - Again :rolleyes:

Today I decided to attack the boot and seating areas. I measured the amount of material I'd need and ordered a sheet of 8' x 4' 12mm exterior ply, which is enough for both areas. This is being delivered tomorrow.

The boot floor will be bonded to the body around its edges and bolted to the tappings on the tops of the suspension turrets. It'll be stepped down to the rear and will hopefully provide a useful amount of luggage space as well as taking the fuel tank and battery.

The seats will be similar to those I made for my Westie and Marlin - a one piece backrest shaped around the transmission tunnel and individual squabs, all made from the ply, 3" thick foam and faux leather vinyl. The back will tilt forwards as it did in my Marlin to provide access to the boot space.

This meant the existing fibreglass seat back area would have to be opened up. I marked it out in felt tip, drilled 8mm holes at key points and jigsawed it out.

I'm waiting for delivery of a host of bits so, as postie still hadn't arrived, I decided to have a play with the rear number plate and light. Again, after careful measuring and trial positioning, the drill came out and both are now fitted, albeit with yellow bolts.

Big spots of rain then began to fall so I called it a day. Postie arrived just then but he only delivered my two lengths of 21sq mm battery cable, one red, one black. I have an isolator switch and crimp on terminals but no battery or starter solenoid, so this will have to wait.

Regards, Mick

Last edited by Mick O'Malley; 1st March 2017 at 13:16..