Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 9th August 2010, 09:03

Scimmy is on a distinguished road

This is way better looking than the single large Porsche screen (not only because it is NOT a Porsche screen)! Detachable screen for the passenger, solid tonneau..., I'll have one today please.

About the wheelspats: I'm not very fond of that idea. They would give the car a more solid look, more like a brick actually. Don't know why, but to me it oozes "German". It would ruin the sporty, nimble look of the Lancia I'm looking for in the Sammio/Vulcan/Spada.

Gr.,
Scimmy
Old 9th August 2010, 21:07

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimmy View Post
This is way better looking than the single large Porsche screen (not only because it is NOT a Porsche screen)! Detachable screen for the passenger, solid tonneau..., I'll have one today please.

About the wheelspats: I'm not very fond of that idea. They would give the car a more solid look, more like a brick actually. Don't know why, but to me it oozes "German". It would ruin the sporty, nimble look of the Lancia I'm looking for in the Sammio/Vulcan/Spada.

Gr.,
Scimmy
I was heavily influenced by Porsche when I started this car...I really like the Spyders and the screen , headlights , headrest etc were parts that were easily available for me to make a start....The car is very definitely an 'ongoing project' ...it will develop as time goes on , I have the solid tonneau sorted now , this naturally leads me into making decisions about a central cockpit bar dividing the two seats and the whole seperate screens idea etc..I like the idea of the car being built in different styles ...The Hot Rodder part of me wants to change it every time I build...obviously from a commercial point of view , I need to standardize things but a couple of options would be cool...I am going to build a demo car , time allowing , I would love to get it done for the Exeter Kit Car Show end of October...we'll see how it goes..but I may try and incorporate a few changes into my car , to see how they get received...
Old 14th August 2010, 23:05

Demo car underway !

I have started with a '59 Herald , early example with a 1200 fitted....not breath taking engine but I may upgrade it along the way....engine isn't really my priority with a demo car..more interested in the looks...

This ones getting a central divider ,optional solid tonneau , alternative screen treatment ( not sure what yet... ) , some further bodymods along the way......photos to follow.
Old 15th August 2010, 01:16

PaulC is on a distinguished road

This should be good.
Old 18th August 2010, 16:12

Little teaser pics for you........

Old 20th August 2010, 20:56

PaulC is on a distinguished road

Not sure about the colour

How long did that take?
Old 21st August 2010, 07:41

chrislandy is on a distinguished road

I think if it was finished in that colour it would look brilliant, it's a classic 50's shade
Old 21st August 2010, 16:11

WE WERE EXPERIMENTING WITH COLOURS OF GEL AND IT DOES LOOK OK IN THE FLESH....As Chris says...very 50's looking...

I reckon , roughly about 15-20 hours in the car at that stage....it has moved on a bit from that now....I'm doing a bit whilst waiting for glass to dry etc on the other one , so haven't really timed it properly...

We put the wires on the French one and lowered the suspension etc yesterday and today as well as starting to straighten her out for paint...started making inner arches for the front as well.....she's shaping up nicely now..I made this one a bit taller , deeper cills etc. to accomadate the wheels nicely and it looks ok for it....IMHO !

Old 25th August 2010, 22:27

The example I'm building for my French customer is starting to shape up quite nicely now.......I am softening up all the lines on her....I have made the screen plinth less 'sharp' looking and curvier deeper cills as well as rounding off the front wings etc. are starting to make the car really look the b*llox.......

I've updated the website a bit as well.....

I am still trying to get extra bits done on the blue example as well....I'm hoping to fit 15'' MGC wheels to that one and I have done a slightly different dash treatment as well ....I'll post some pics a bit later on in the week....

Last edited by lancelot link; 25th August 2010 at 22:31..
Old 26th August 2010, 11:32

I AM MOVING THE BUILD UP BITS INTO THE BUILD UP SECTION OF THIS FORUM....

Leaving this thread to continue as a debate on styling etc....
Old 10th January 2011, 23:47

speedy123 is on a distinguished road

hi there very interested in your cars, just wondering how much for a turn key model or rolling chassis model? thanks
Old 11th January 2011, 12:51

Hi,
If you go into the general build section , you'll see loads more info...

Any other questions , visit www.sammio-spyder.com or email me direct info@bayarearods.co.uk

THANK YOU