Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 30th August 2012, 10:07

Nike55 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post
Or, as the great Python team would say mein Luftkissenfahrzeug ist voller Aale!
: - Egy nyelv sosem elég!
Old 30th August 2012, 11:13

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike55 View Post
: - Egy nyelv sosem elég!
Very true, but there's fun to be had in the mis translation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YYM209GJoE
Old 1st September 2012, 08:06

froggyman is on a distinguished road

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAMMIO-SPY...ht_1444wt_1190
Another Sammio for sale in Poole.
Old 1st September 2012, 09:41

Lieber Micha, würdest du bitte einfach die Klappe schlug auf etwa Overspray und dein verdammtes drakonischen TÜV-Prüfung.

Danke.
Old 1st September 2012, 09:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggyman View Post
Gary, is Jennette ever going to get to drive one of these?

Anyone would think you're running a business...

Good luck selling it though, it's gorgeous and its new owner will love it, overspray and all.
Old 1st September 2012, 09:58

Just a thought, the Spyder bodyshell is adapted from the 50's Nikkri that Gary bought a couple of years back. Assuming the Nikkri empire collapsed in the sixties and nobody owns the rights, perhaps the export model could be registered as a Nikkri mkII instead. Then, when the Stasi trained TUV tester checks your papers (I was going to say Gestapo trained but I thought that might be a bit offensive to those German people who prefer not to be reminded about that particular bit of inglorious European history, and yes, I know we British invented the concentration camp in Transvaal, it just took Teutonic efficiency to perfect it) they will fail to see the deception and maybe won't send you to prison. Until you try to drive it.
Old 1st September 2012, 10:00

Psycho pops is on a distinguished road

Towed an Interesting translation to your last when you use Bing Translator
"Dear MICAH, you would add the fold simply slapped on some overspray and your fu*#ing draconian TÜV test.Thank you"
Old 1st September 2012, 10:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho pops View Post
Towed an Interesting translation to your last when you use Bing Translator
"Dear MICAH, you would add the fold simply slapped on some overspray and your fu*#ing draconian TÜV test.Thank you"
Hmm, it was supposed to politely ask the gentleman to stop banging on about overspray and his bloody draconian TUV test. Google translate appears to have its limitations meine Brustwarzen in der Sonne explodieren.
Old 1st September 2012, 13:51

froggyman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by micha View Post
a really good idea to give it more retro-look in using rivets all around the body.

really nice.

what isnt nice (for that price): the engine, incl. all ancelleries is also pinted in blue....is it so difficult to mask the parts which should not receive any paint or at least buy a can of thinner, invest 2 or 3 hours and clean off that overspray?

by the way the "other" sammio of my mate hasnt passed the german MOT: handbrake uneven and unsufficient, chassis welding far beyond german mot standard, windscreen (wind-defelctor) needs a material certificate or e-markings, if those problems are sorted (which willget done soon) the mot certificate will be issued for a "standard" registration..historic registration was denied due to the body conversion been done recently (the MOT tester checked online and found out that the sammio company exists only for around 2 years).
We don't give a shite about your regulations for historic registration thats your problem. AS for all your other moans and groans you sound like some sad git that moans about everything and anything. Why Don't you just f**k
off and find somewhere else to moan.
Old 1st September 2012, 14:46

Psycho pops is on a distinguished road

"chassis welding far beyond german mot standard" Mmmmm and this is a reason to fail!

It seems as much as you dislike our build standards, our overspray or our inadequate testing you cant stay away, try and be positive and maintain the healthy input that makes this site such a good experience for the majority, I found it unique before that all tried to help each other with suggestions and idea's without the need to knock each others efforts. OK we dont always get it right but we learn from each other and do progress. What we dont need is a troll on the forum....
Old 1st September 2012, 15:43

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road

I've heard that the Cordite is not selling well in Deutschland. News has got out that it is based on a Spitfire.
Old 1st September 2012, 15:57

Well we now know that the Sammio vehicle Micha is talking about doesn't pass the German equivalent of our 'MOT' - OK, that's a simple case of checking out the regs in Germany before buying a UK built car, importing it and then trying to register/test it.

If I was in the same position I would at least try and do a little homework first rather than perhaps trusting to the vendor to point out the fact.

As for the car in the picture itself - clearly the over spray was there to be seen and it's the vendors choice to leave it as 'is' or spend a couple of hundred $ on new hoses and a few shiny bits and sell it for more.

I'd have been happy to haggle over the price using the dirty engine (if it was) and the minor over spray (easily removed) as a bargaining tool and then enjoyed myself doing a little cleaning and polishing (which is about my mechanical level).

If it was a £30k Cobra I think I was being ripped off, but it's not, its a humble motor car at a reasonable price (so the market says) which can be buffed and polished and modified (at least over here) as much as you like...

It's a bit below the belt to mention it I know, but we fought a European war at considerable cost in an attempt to stop the erosion of our individual freedom to reasonably express ourselves, whether through the high level culture or vehicle customisation, freedoms which we still hold quite dearly and are prepared to defend against the European Bureaucracy - it was clear from the Enabling Act of 1933 that the people of a certain central European country did not feel the same way and the individuals within were happy to pass a great deal of its freedoms to its Nationalist government.

The British car industry is alive and well and producing a number of F1 winning designs.
Old 1st September 2012, 16:57

Now, now. Let's not get too personal over this. Micha has a point about which car industry has survived, after all, the largest British owned manufacturer of motor cars is...

Morgan

Whereas Volkswagen is doing rather nicely. Mind you, it's a fcking good job British Army Major Ivan Hirst decided to rebuild the Beetle factory after my Grandfather bombed the sh!t out of it and incinerated all its employees.

Now I know that with twenty twenty hindsight a bunch of leftie pacifists think it was a bit unethical carpet bombing the peace loving people of Germany, but at least Albert Speer was gracious enough to state that he'd have won the war for Adolf if his workers hadn't all been killed. Including those he'd 'borrowed' from Poland.

And Denmark.

And Norway.

And Belgium.

And Holland.

And Luxembourg.

And France.

And the Channel Islands.

And Greece.

And Serbia.

And Croatia.

And Slovenia.

And Bosnia.

And Russia.

And Ukraine.

And Belarus.

And Lithuania.

And Latvia.

And Estonia.

And Egypt.

OK, so they didn't make it all the way across Russia but I think I made my point.

Anyway, Micha is perfectly entitled to his opinion. Even if he is completely and utterly wrong.
Old 1st September 2012, 22:57

- not sure it was fair bringing Adolf into this, after all I was referring to the Napoleonic war...

- Oh well, if they ask your name don't tell 'em, Mister Towed!
Old 1st September 2012, 23:05

Quote:
- not sure it was fair bringing Adolf into this, after all I was referring to the Napoleonic war...

- Oh well, if they ask your name don't tell 'em, Mister Towed!
Erm, I was refering to the world's most famous Belgian - Adolphe Sax, inventor of the Saxotromba and the less well known Saxophone.
Old 1st September 2012, 23:38

Please don't bring sax into this...

'The saxhorn also laid the groundwork for the modern euphonium....'

- may also have been a euphemism for Stromberg Trumpets...?
Old 2nd September 2012, 07:13

garyh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Please don't bring sax into this...

'The saxhorn also laid the groundwork for the modern euphonium....'

- may also have been a euphemism for Stromberg Trumpets...?
Where can I get Stromberg Trumpets from? Say 3" ones that bolt neatly or is this one for MoriniMan?
Old 2nd September 2012, 07:29

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Micha,
You are right , a couple of hours with some thinners and rattle cans will tidy up the engine bay....if someone stated that as a sole reason for not buying , the work could be done...not a problem.

As you know , shiny paint and new clips etc won't gain you any advantage in the TUV , but I would happily do it for the new owner...

This car has a very solid , barely welded chassis....

oh ....and welcome back to the forum for our wrecks !!
Old 2nd September 2012, 07:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot link View Post
Micha,
You are right , a couple of hours with some thinners and rattle cans will tidy up the engine bay....if someone stated that as a sole reason for not buying , the work could be done...not a problem.

As you know , shiny paint and new clips etc won't gain you any advantage in the TUV , but I would happily do it for the new owner...

This car has a very solid , barely welded chassis....

oh ....and welcome back to the forum for our wrecks !!
What a lovely, polite reply Gary, and yes, many of our cars are wrecks, but they're our wrecks.

Oh, and well done for not mentioning the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it...
Old 12th September 2012, 19:06

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

NOT WANTING TO RE-START ANY FIRES.....

But it may be of interest to regulars on here that Dave Thickens has recently sold his Sammio for 7500 to a ...........German enthusiast !

The same chap who then took the Sammio to Beaulieu and put a price tag of over thirty thousand on it !!!

and I thought the only madman to come out of Germany was Austrian !!

It didn't sell....................