Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds

Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds In a Vortex with your Phantom build? Share your build experiences here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th June 2013, 13:01
Kit Car Dreamer

GJGB is on a distinguished road
Default Cooling Fans Wiring

Greetings good people.

Not been in here for quite a while as my Vortex has sat unloved and festering in garage (rolling chassis) and garden (bodyshell) for rather a long time!!

But, for various reasons (mainly her indoors demands that I get the shell off the lawn) I'm back on the build. I had to source a bunch of AMP/Tyco multi-way connectors for the headlamps, tail lamps etc to connect into the factory loom which was one reason it all got stalled a while back. I realy didn't want to chop the loom about having paid a fair amount for it but I've now found all the right mating connectors and am putting them on the lights etc.

Now... I've got a pair of cooling fans (CoolTemp FM0001) from Norman to go with my air-con kit and they are nicely mounted up behind the rad as they should be but... they have a connector with two spades in T formation and the loom has two side-by-side spades. I'll chop the connector off the fans and put the right one on to mate with the loom but does anyone know which wire on these fans is pos and which is neg as they are blue and black wires which give me no clue! Maybe it doesn't matter or maybe there is some way to test them? Any suggestions welcomed, thanks.

Greg
Available from eBay