Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 25th August 2015, 22:46

Mitchelkitman is on a distinguished road

Putting a cat among the pigeons......... I quite like the idea of a z300 with modern round rear lights (90mm like cbs sell?) maybe frenched in, and the Fiat 500 front lights - a sort of modern take on the theme.
Old 26th August 2015, 10:49

DSG4ME is on a distinguished road

I think it was Bertini that started the ball rolling with BMW Z3 kits although I might be mistaken.

Personally, I do like the Bertini GT25. It looks well built and seems to be easy to put together. Something many first time builders will appreciate.
It does have a few small things that are not to my taste but could be changed without too many problems. For example, using cut-up rear Porsche
tail lamps. (This could be illegal in some countries.) The front is OK. just needs bigger headlamps. (the Fiat 500 units look small) and maybe a bonnet scoop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_HUFC.
Dont take this in a bad way but looking at them pics I cant believe how much your sketch looks like the bertini.
Maybe the Z300S could look similar to a "Cobra-ized" Bertini ?

Old 26th August 2015, 12:44

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road

That looks like a disappointed Figaro.
Old 26th August 2015, 13:11

Roadster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford1360 View Post
That looks like a disappointed Figaro.
Old 26th August 2015, 13:36

[QUOTE=DSG4ME;70681]I think it was Bertini that started the ball rolling with BMW Z3 kits although I might be mistaken.

Personally, I do like the Bertini GT25. It looks well built and seems to be easy to put together. Something many first time builders will appreciate.
It does have a few small things that are not to my taste but could be changed without too many problems. For example, using cut-up rear Porsche
tail lamps. (This could be illegal in some countries.) The front is OK. just needs bigger headlamps. (the Fiat 500 units look small) and maybe a bonnet scoop.

You are skilled at photoshop DS but mini lamps are bigger than that fiat lamps 8" mini lamps 13" long 8 wide

As for the Z3 base - it must be very close as our very own legend WCA had been on the forum with various projects-
WorldClassAccident
Senior Member Join Date: Nov 2011

Default WCA - Build thread 3 - 25th April 2013

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st time I bought a TVR to convert but enjoyed it instead until I sold it to Chris for him to cut up a year later.

2nd time I bought a Scimitar to turn into a G46. I almost completed that before snapping my foot off meaning I could only drive automatics so that had to go.

3rd time lucky. Just bought a 2.8 BMW Z3

Now I know that none of Tributes kits currently fit the Z3 but I am sure Chris can work his magic to get bits of the A352/D Type/Mistral to fit.

Hmm, maybe a trip to Poole in the new car is in order to discuss what is possible...

He posted the above some months before Anthony was on the many forums that he posted the development of the then Falco. 2nd July 2013

My final point is Tribute Z300s and Kobra are also quality products that are just as easy to fit and do attract first time builders.
Im sure first time or in fact any builders object to the £4K kit price for front and rear Bertini mouldings

Tributes are great value but most are bespoke - Ian's Z300s has a larger grille area and the vent smoothed into a power bulge. Many Tributes have tweaks as per the customer request
Old 26th August 2015, 15:29

You are right Roadster. My apolagies to WCA. He is the one that started the ball rolling with the Z3 bodykits. And yes, Tributes are great value for money, thats why they sell and they have such a lot of followers.
Old 26th August 2015, 15:59

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

To be honest I think it was a pretty close thing and we both started independently of each other. I did spend the first 6 months of my build in bed after my last ankle accident so I may have started planning earlier buy i think Anthony got to glass before me.

In terms of ease and quality I think Tribute wins for build ease and looking at Nubodi's blue Z300S and the Bertini at Stoneleigh this year there was nothing in it.
Old 26th August 2015, 21:14

Danny_HUFC is on a distinguished road

I wonder who is the 1st kit car producer to use the z4?........
Old 26th August 2015, 21:30

zagmad is on a distinguished road

I was wondering that too. Theyre going for 5-6k in the auto trader. Depending on what year.
Old 27th August 2015, 05:58

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

Depends how soon someone parks one outside Tribute I guess
Old 27th August 2015, 07:22

Quote:
Danny_HUFC : I wonder who is the 1st kit car producer to use the z4?.......
Replica BMW Z8 kits based on the Z4 have been availiable for many years now.

Created by a company named “Car Kit” in Alabama, the BMW Z8 replica pack is based on the BMW Z4. The bodykit costs $5,995 or €3,840 while the front and rear light lenses without projectors or bulbs, $1,000 or €640 ($125 a piece).
Old 27th August 2015, 07:38

IanA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchelkitman View Post
Putting a cat among the pigeons......... I quite like the idea of a z300 with modern round rear lights (90mm like cbs sell?) maybe frenched in...
The rear light setup was one of the first build decisions I made, even before buying the kit. It would have been good to emulate my inspiration- the Maser A6GCS Fantuzzi in this video and just have a single light unit on each side.

However, my wish for reversing and fog lights, along with the Construction & Use requirement for reflectors meant that I ended up with the current setup which nods to authenticity whilst being legal.

Old 29th August 2015, 08:03

I have realised that this concept is more a akin to the Sammio than the Cobra

The large grille opening features on both but the Sammio has always had the lower profile and more sleek as apposed to the Cobras more purposeful poise.

Old 29th August 2015, 11:00

y cymro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG4ME View Post
Replica BMW Z8 kits based on the Z4 have been availiable for many years now.

Created by a company named “Car Kit” in Alabama, the BMW Z8 replica pack is based on the BMW Z4. The bodykit costs $5,995 or €3,840 while the front and rear light lenses without projectors or bulbs, $1,000 or €640 ($125 a piece).
Here's a far more reasonably priced Z8 conversion - only £1800 pounds or so. I should imagine shipping will add a couple more hundred though
http://tinyurl.com/ndjwjgn
Old 29th August 2015, 11:04

y cymro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
I have realised that this concept is more a akin to the Sammio than the Cobra

The large grille opening features on both but the Sammio has always had the lower profile and more sleek as apposed to the Cobras more purposeful poise.

I must admit that the image I have in my head of your project is for a much more modern interpretation. Are you saying that you want it to look like a Sammio? If so, I think it's a shame and a lost opportunity.
Old 29th August 2015, 11:55

redratbike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by y cymro View Post
Here's a far more reasonably priced Z8 conversion - only £1800 pounds or so. I should imagine shipping will add a couple more hundred though
http://tinyurl.com/ndjwjgn
Shipping crate 450$ front and rear lenses 500$ then plus shipping...there must be a euro manurfacturer of this kit?
When looked at the link this popped up check this out

Old 29th August 2015, 11:57

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRICE-CUT-c-...3D230889081795
Old 29th August 2015, 12:50

jmc14 is on a distinguished road

The picture of the blue "Sammio" is a photoshop that I asked Chris to do of a Sammio body on a Miata chassis. The Miata has an 89.2 inch wheelbase, is 6 inches wider (if I remember correctly) and has a taller engine resulting in a taller bonnet. I never built it but liked the way it looked. I was going for the retro look on a more modern chassis. I never built it.

I just sold my scratch built Cobra. It had a custom frame with C5 Corvette suspension and drivetrain. It was a great combo and I hated to sell it.

I just checked the ebay listing. I'm truly into all of these cars. I have a Kellison J5 body sitting in my garage.
Old 29th August 2015, 12:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc14 View Post
The picture of the blue "Sammio" is a photoshop that I asked Chris to do of a Sammio body on a Miata chassis. The Miata has an 89.2 inch wheelbase, is 6 inches wider (if I remember correctly) and has a taller engine resulting in a taller bonnet. I never built it but liked the way it looked. I was going for the retro look on a more modern chassis. I never built it.

I just sold my scratch built Cobra. It had a custom frame with C5 Corvette suspension and drivetrain. It was a great combo and I hated to sell it.

I just checked the ebay listing. I'm truly into all of these cars. I have a Kellison J5 body sitting in my garage.
Ah that rings a bell was it you that bought the abarth body and moulds?
Old 29th August 2015, 13:23

jmc14 is on a distinguished road

Yes. But, I recently sold them. Because of health issues I've been selling my cars and projects.

Last edited by jmc14; 29th August 2015 at 13:50..