Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Seven Style builds

Seven Style builds Westfields, Caterham, Dax Rush, Luego, Robin Hood, Tiger, Locust, MK, RAW, Quantum, you name it, you're building it, share it here.

Old 5th August 2014, 23:41

Rob The Dog is on a distinguished road
Default German Kit Car co.

Hi, newbie here, just looking at '7' kits cars really for the first time with a view to building one for the first time (can't wait) so looked at obvious places, Caterham and then Westfield, but was directed to a German site VM-77de
no translation to English so I haven't a clue what they have to say! but the photos are just stunning ! more shape in the rear end and attractive rear light clusters etc than Caterham, in fact I just love the levels of detail throughout.
lots of chrome, and hand stitched leather etc. My question to all you experienced folk here, Who are they ? do they sell to the UK and have any of you got one? would really like to see one/some I could not find much text on spec etc even in German, if they are still a going concern they are not that far away really just the other side of Cologne. Would really like any info you may have…..Thanx Rob.
Available from eBay
Old 8th August 2014, 20:30
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Hi Rob,
no, I haven't heard about or seen this car so was intrigued to find out more...

If you read their website with Google translate you get this....

History

Establishing the VM exclusive automotive GmbH in November 1988.
In 1989, the company "VM" will be the official vehicle manufacturer
registered with its own world manufacturer number when Kraftfahrtbundesamt.
During the first years, we dealt exclusively with the design,
manufacture and distribution of the two-seat roadster Seventy Seven-
in kit form and fully assembled vehicles. The vehicle sets
were collected in the parts warehouse and a European dealer network the
supplied customers. To date, so over 1000 vehicles and kits were in our
manufactured home.
complete vehicle were also prototypes and various motor vehicle on behalf of customers designed, developed and assembled components.
since 2010, no "registrations" for Seventy Seven are of more VM
performed. In this area, we continue to ensure optimum spare parts
supply as well as a detailed vehicle service . Due to the very special demands in our metal range we expanded our metal production in an extensive exclusive Metal, with integral tube bending and rolling department. past few years we have been working regularly for television productions, where we among other things, to realize custom-made for the Brain Pool productions. This includes several games constructions of "Schlag den Raab". Similarly prepared we for the Euro Vision Song Contest 2011 and 2012, extensive lighting and transport equipment. Also in apparatus we made ​​in the past few years some very special designs for the range metal catalyst Hersel Lung. We are a manageable special team with many years of know-how, which always new Herausfordeungen in various areas studied.

So you get the gist that they no longer manufacture this kit. If it is true that they shipped 1000 kits then there must be some second hand cars around or even the odd unfinished kit (but probably in Germany??)

If you like the more modern types of sevens then have a look at Toniq sports cars or the DAX Rush has a lot of chrome, etc.

Better still get yourself along to the Donnington Kitcar Show at the end of this month and have a look at what's available?

http://www.doningtonkitcarshow.co.uk/admission.html

...peter
Old 9th August 2014, 20:47

thanx Peter, yeh much as I thought, the info on their site suggest a move to classic car restorations, and looking at the gallery on their Facebook page…..
wow.. these guys know their stuff ! Did you see all the photos of the S type 1966 Jag…lots of em if you scroll down , complete restoration done rite!
it looks fantastic !! makes current TV car restoration programs on Quest and the like look very poor lol as you say part kits may be available and you never know if one went out to see them and met them they might be able to produce a kit from the parts stock they must have? But will look at Dax etc and have already looked into Donnington , I hope to get my mind made up there looking forward to it ! thanx again Rob
Old 11th August 2014, 14:15

Jeffr4 is on a distinguished road

Rob,

Maybe Piet de Boer can help you out .
See his webpage : http://www.vm77.nl/
Old 13th August 2014, 00:42

Ah! nice one Jeff, will contact him with a view to visit him, the LHD factor will be ok as I plan to spend most of the drive time on european roads, if things go to plan, may even build it abroad. Thanx very much for the info.
Old 24th August 2014, 14:16

Great kitcar the VM77....for sale.... one fabric build with a Audi 1.8 turbo engine 228 Horsepower....
Link : http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/auto-div...reviousPage=lr

Last edited by Jeffr4; 24th August 2014 at 14:26..
Old 25th August 2014, 20:35

Another great fabric build VM 77 for sale :

Link : http://www.kitcarcollection.com/used-cars/vm77.php