Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > General Build Chat

General Build Chat Area for general build chat, questions, tips, tricks and progress

Old 23rd June 2010, 11:39

Clayster127 is on a distinguished road
Default Onyx Firecat Soft Top HELP NEEDED!!

Hello. I am new to this forum and you could be the last chance for me! I live in Lincs and I am looking for a company that makes bespoke soft tops. The original manufacturers have sold the rights to a company in dorset so no use to me whatsoever and I am now struggling to find someone to give my beloved Firecat a soft top. It also needs the frame making. Does anyone out there from 2 hours surrounding, lets say, Lincoln know of anyone who would take this on?
Pleeeeease help! It's summer and I using a hard top!!! It's just not fair!
Available from eBay
Old 3rd August 2010, 17:51

Jon Doe is on a distinguished road

Take the top off! How is the hard top fit? Any good- I am based a long way away from you and have two firecats. Their hoods are designed and fixed slightly differently. IF you find a hood person, they are welcome to rip off the better of the two designs. The earlier firecats just used one roof bar which folded forwards to give support just in front of the rollbar.
Old 15th September 2014, 11:36

banno is on a distinguished road

Hi , i m alsonew to the forum and have a firecat . spent a few months restoring it and have just got it on the road but have a similar problem , badly damaged soft top . Went to a local manufacturer in Derby and have been quoted a minimum of £700 to have one made as they say they need to make a new pattern because the old softtop has shrunk a bit ! think this is a bit expensive so still searching , got no hard top either! If i find a reasonable price i ll post the name or be interested if you have found any thing . P.s. mine is mark 1.
Old 17th November 2014, 18:11

Jon Doe is on a distinguished road

I now have a hard top but as we have found, this is the mk2 version. The way to tell is the mk2 has round indicators at the front.
I am yet to check the top (which came with a car) on my Firecat.