Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Miglia Builds and discussion

Miglia Builds and discussion Miglia bodied builds

Old 5th April 2014, 12:19

PJ GRABOWSKI is on a distinguished road

http://gifb.in/QTBV
Old 5th April 2014, 13:04

swifty is on a distinguished road

Nice one, at least there a photo to look at on this thread now......
Old 5th April 2014, 17:57

mikmiglia is on a distinguished road

To be fare Guys i would not ever want to sell either one of you a kits i don't need your custom.

Please just concentrate on the other guys.Your like a couple of bitches , and love trying to stir things up. And i am pretty sure you will never buy or build a kit car too. I don't spend every second on the site, and i work rather than talk about it. Sometimes things don't always finish on time but that's life.But you know that to be honest.

Customers that deal with always get what they ask for , and a good job at the same time.

If this offends you , this has done its job.

And too all you nice understanding customers,ones that have dealt with me,know i go out my way if i can to do more than have asked for.

THIS IS JUST A RANT TO THE ABOVE

Last edited by mikmiglia; 5th April 2014 at 18:57..
Old 5th April 2014, 19:35

Viatron is on a distinguished road

Old 5th April 2014, 19:40

Barry Stard is on a distinguished road

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/de...unprofessional
Old 5th April 2014, 19:57

Barry Stard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
I would love to see some photos of a spitfire based Miglia as i my bank balance is burning a hole in my pocket , i can see that a number of people have asked for these but to date nothing, come on Mikmiglia and get those promised photos on the net.

The GT6 engine is now refurbished and the spitfire donor has just arrived ready for the major strip and repair so to complete the picture i need a body, will it be a Miglia or Ribble?
How does the above quoted question turn into the response below?:

"i would not ever want to sell either one of you a kits i don't need your custom."

Old 5th April 2014, 21:15

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikmiglia View Post
THIS IS JUST A RANT TO THE ABOVE
No it's not.
Old 5th April 2014, 21:35

redratbike is on a distinguished road

I don't blame mick miglia... There's been a few few odd comments not just on this post
Old 5th April 2014, 22:29

swifty is on a distinguished road

This is not a dig at you Mike but your comments towards me are not correct, i am building a kit car based on a fifties sports car and WAS looking at your kit because i liked the look of the red miglia herald based car you have on your web site. If you wish to see what i am up to then here's a link to my thread http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...ead.php?t=4861

I have pm you for images etc of a spitfire based car on a number of occasion to keep any conversations out of the public domain the first was on the 18th December 2013 so your comment of a customer you deal with always get what they ask is not true. All i asked for was images and when you say that the images will be on the net and then there's a no show, time and again it's poor customer care.

One thing that i do know due to the fact i have ran my own business since 1996 is that to meet your potential/customer expectations you always quote a lead time that you know you can meet or beat so when the customer receives the info/goods earlier than expected they are very pleased with your business and more than likely to do repeat business, i'm not trying to tell you how to run your business Mike only giving you some advice.

This time you have shot yourself in the foot as Ribble are now getting my business as i feel that i can't hand my hard earned cash over to a business that is telling me they don't want my business.

And no your comments did not offend me they only made my decision a lot easier.

As they say you live and learn....C'est la vie.
Old 5th April 2014, 22:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
This is not a dig at you Mike but your comments towards me are not correct, i am building a kit car based on a fifties sports car and WAS looking at your kit because i liked the look of the red miglia herald based car you have on your web site. If you wish to see what i am up to then here's a link to my thread http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...ead.php?t=4861

I have pm you for images etc of a spitfire based car on a number of occasion to keep any conversations out of the public domain the first was on the 18th December 2013 so your comment of a customer you deal with always get what they ask is not true. All i asked for was images and when you say that the images will be on the net and then there's a no show, time and again it's poor customer care.

One thing that i do know due to the fact i have ran my own business since 1996 is that to meet your potential/customer expectations you always quote a lead time that you know you can meet or beat so when the customer receives the info/goods earlier than expected they are very pleased with your business and more than likely to do repeat business, i'm not trying to tell you how to run your business Mike only giving you some advice.

This time you have shot yourself in the foot as Ribble are now getting my business as i feel that i can't hand my hard earned cash over to a business that is telling me they don't want my business.

And no your comments did not offend me they only made my decision a lot easier.

As they say you live and learn....C'est la vie.
Thank you , for your advise , like i said it doesnt worry me at all if you a buy a Ribble i couldnt care less to be honest. I always try to spend some time on the forum , but with the silly digs and comments and so called experts on how i should run my buisness . Also like i said Swift read my comments ,i will try and post up when ready . Life isnt plain sailing

Last edited by mikmiglia; 6th April 2014 at 08:16..
Old 6th April 2014, 15:28

rattler is on a distinguished road

just get in your car and see for your self I did all the way from france well said mikie spraying car top coat /brooklands green/on Thursday xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxrattler
Old 6th April 2014, 16:50

Brooklands Green , now that is a nice shade of green mate. I think i need to come over and join in the village race. Plus of course a bottle or two of your best wine Looking forward to seeing finished Dave. Roundals and stalks sorted by the way.
Old 6th April 2014, 18:29

christinedmc is on a distinguished road

I don’t know what the dispute between Mike and a few forum members is about. I can only say that I did business with Mike and he is great to work with. I’m very pleased with his work, his ideas, his punctuality and the way he deliveres more then what was prommissed.

Michiel
Old 6th April 2014, 19:05

rattler is on a distinguished road

ta mike your more than welcome I will post pic when its finished I am fed up of sanding lots people looking at the car they don't believe its t/herald see you week after easter rattler
Old 9th April 2014, 11:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc F View Post
Cheers Mike - just arranging domestics but reckon I will be down Saturday 12th. Will call you to confirm. Looking forward to catching up.
I know I am not the only one on here that would really appreciate some pictures of your project Marc F when you visit it this weekend.
Old 10th April 2014, 08:53

Marc F is on a distinguished road

No probs - Mike and I will sort it out. I only have a Blackberry so any photos I take will be poor, but will update later. Really looking forward to this weekend - Mike's a cool guy to be doing this project with :-)
Old 11th April 2014, 07:58

davecymru is on a distinguished road

I've tried to not post on here up until now as I was sure you'd all sort this out, but tbh I can't understand the frustration over just a few pics.

I've known Mike for a few years now since I built my Sammio and I've even bought him a beer! In my opinion he's a good and honest bloke, just a very busy one and someone who lives in his workshop rather than on a PC (lucky bugger!)

I'm sure that when things are ready then pics will appear, but until then, they wont and i can't see anything positive coming from us getting upset about it?

Last edited by davecymru; 11th April 2014 at 10:05..
Old 11th April 2014, 11:48

Marc F is on a distinguished road

Ok, some bad news for some. Mike and I cannot get our diaries aligned for this weekend, so I will not be travelling down just yet, and with Easter coming it will be another few weeks yet.

But I hope all us forumers can be relaxed about this - after all, I have money with Mike, and I am patient, so chill out and all will be revealed soon (ish). Mike and I are in regular contact and I have no problems with the timetable to date, for getting a whole new car prepped up - remember, this is a body and frame job for Mike, different floors, radius arm mounting points etc, and then to be registered as the final "proof of the pudding".

So happy Easter to everyone - enjoy your holidays, and for those of us waiting for our cars, there are always other jobs to do in the meantime :-)
Old 11th April 2014, 14:44

Thats a shame.
Davecymru. the frustrations have only come from the fact promises of pictures never get realized. Its is common knowledge on these pages that Mike is clearly good at what he does but he doesn't always tell it how it is. I don't need to go over that all again its all on here to read if you feel the desire.
I think the general consensus is that the pictures are not becoming public because there isn't anything to take a picture of.
Marc F. Are you not getting any update pictures at all?
All we want to see is a Spitfire based Miglia body as advertised.
Old 11th April 2014, 15:04

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ GRABOWSKI View Post

I think the general consensus is that the pictures are not becoming public because there isn't anything to take a picture of.
Hey matey,

This is an example of why i felt i need to post, as when you say "the general consensus is" i feel as if it's more "your opinion is" and tbh that's fair enough, you're fully entitled to our own opinion but all i wanted to share was that in my 1-2-1 dealings with mike over the years he's never been anything but honest with me.

I really do hope you get your photos soon, and if we meet at any of the shows we at least give each other a passing nod!

Dave