Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 8th February 2017, 09:29

Barber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagmad View Post
Well the tiny pic one could be done with the back that was on mine if Chris hasn't smashed it up and dumped it.the time it looked like the Maserati. And angled it down a bit prob best on a z3 as the front is shorter
Zagmad, I went back to the early versions, and yes, even in the build at that stage it looks good. I have asked Chris about the status. He has confirmed there is no way he can do the alfa as a project at present.
Old 8th February 2017, 09:53

zagmad is on a distinguished road

Yep I know. He prefers 60's convertible sports cars. Mines more 70's coupe. Mines a one off any way so theirs no money in it for him long term. So its ticking over slowly. That's why i've been going down as much as I can hence the boot has a shape now. Going back April to have another crack at it. Hopefully that tine will be with filler.
Old 8th February 2017, 09:59

Good luck. It may seem a slog, but to get a chance of the car you dream of should not be passed up.
Old 8th February 2017, 10:02

Yep it does look great but that's because the Alfa lines are so strong. It has alot of potential. Wider arches,wider bonnet bulges, lowered would look awesome. Every line on the car looks right to me and a little push to fill the gaps left to see it finished. I was working on it outside in the rain last but it was worth it.
Old 8th February 2017, 10:09

I wasn't looking for a specific car at the time but as soon as saw the Alfa panels were available un fibreglass it stayed in the back of my mind . After coming back from Australia it just clicked. Got some money back from ppi and went for it. You only live once
Old 8th February 2017, 10:19

The interior will just be mx5 standard only things that will change are the steering wheel and gear knob. Had some shiny blue extras that looked tacky. Ive got a new radio as the radio was the same one from Japan. And couldn't pick up uk stations.
Old 8th February 2017, 10:25

Id recommend going to australia for 3 weeks as the flights are long and you lose 2 days in travel . We went to Brisbane -sydney-Melbourne-Hamilton island-earlie beach. Managed to jet ski to day dream island and back. Great weather in November.
Old 8th February 2017, 10:29

It was fun. Managed to stay with the Mrs cousins and aunts so accommodation was taken care of.
Old 8th February 2017, 10:32

I agree really 3 weeks. I did Perth, ayre''s rock, Sidney, Melbourne in 2 weeks and it was a bit rushe'd.
Old 8th February 2017, 10:53

We're looking at Canada next year not sure which month to go. Got a cousin over their who does sports massage and my wife's cousin is over their at the moment . Love to stay somewhere near a lake or river. Do some fishing,canoeing take in some of the awesome views. Once the project shell is ready and its drivable I'm going to take it to Yorkshire for a good run. My brother in law has family up their. He'll probably take his motorbike
Old 8th February 2017, 10:59

Ozzie Dave is on a distinguished road

I would recomend forgetting OZ at the moment, here in Brisbane its 35, in sydney its been over 40 (yes it should not be that way around). still working on how to get an SWB here and have some fun as the cars here are SH1T.
Old 8th February 2017, 11:01

Ive been looking at badge designs. Something that fits in the original badge dip. But with angular letters. ALF but in the style of Fiat or MG logo type. Thinking 10 steps ahead but my brain doesn't shut off
Old 8th February 2017, 11:53

Id recommend asking about ppi. Especially if you've been getting loans and renewing every 2or 3 years. I managed to get 9k back. That was after taking loans out over a period of ten years. Went through the bank direct so no extra charges. Takes a while but they have to assess every loan you've had with them.
Old 8th February 2017, 12:02

Paid off what I owe on my credit card and my loan I had at the time. Left enough for spending money and flights to oz. Holiday of a lifetime. Id like to go to italy maybe in a couple of years time.
Old 8th February 2017, 18:54

Mitchelkitman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Paid off what I owe on my credit card and my loan I had at the time. Left enough for spending money and flights to oz. Holiday of a lifetime. Id like to go to italy maybe in a couple of years time.
Crikey I never had any PPI, this is my undoing! I was offered it though - Is that reason enough to get compo?
Old 8th February 2017, 18:56

Mitchelkitman is on a distinguished road

Anyone know what's happened to the MXscort?
Old 8th February 2017, 21:56

If you knew that you had it at the time its worth asking. The thing with ppi is that I wasn't told that I would be paying interest on the insurance. To me it was a one off payment and the loan amount was what I was paying interest on. That's what your getting your money back from. If id known about the interest charged on it I wouldn't have signed up for it. I got my first loan out round 2002.
Old 9th February 2017, 12:52

Redandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Id recommend asking about ppi. Especially if you've been getting loans and renewing every 2or 3 years. I managed to get 9k back. That was after taking loans out over a period of ten years. Went through the bank direct so no extra charges. Takes a while but they have to assess every loan you've had with them.
who did you use? so many "dodgy ppi companies"...!
Old 9th February 2017, 12:57

Went straight to the source. The bank in with which I took the loans out with. They have a legal team. If i went with a ppi company they prob would of taken 2-3k off the funds.
Old 9th February 2017, 16:38

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

I never got a penny back from ppi claims.

I could kick myself, how stupid was I to always read the small print when I took out a loan and not pay extra for insurance I didn't need?

Gutted.