Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds

Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds In a Vortex with your Phantom build? Share your build experiences here.

Old 30th July 2006, 13:57
Kit Car Dreamer

GJGB is on a distinguished road
Default Door Handles

Looking to fit the XJS inner handles and the door cutouts don't seem to match exactly. I bought my handles off ebay complete with rods etc but it's not clear which is meant to be RHS and which is LHS. When fitted, does the chrome door-opening lever sit toward the top of the backing plate or toward the bottom?

Once I'm sure which handle is supposed to fit which door, I'll set to with the Dremel and open up the door apertures a bit.

Also, for the outside push-button, is the dimension given for the cut-down connecting rod correct? Norman has it at 125mm but that looks a tad short to me? I suppose the best thing might be to cut it a bit longer, thread it and cut it down as needed?

Cheers
Greg
Available from eBay
Old 2nd October 2006, 08:18
Enthusiast

EddyP is on a distinguished road

I made my rods to normans drawing and they were correct.
As for the XJS handle i had to cut a bit away from the day as well, but now ive found some much much much nicer looking handles which im trying to fit, the jag ones i really hate the look of, one of the worst parts of the interior IMO.
Old 2nd October 2006, 10:27
Kit Car Dreamer

GJGB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyP
but now ive found some much much much nicer looking handles which im trying to fit, the jag ones i really hate the look of, one of the worst parts of the interior IMO.
I'd agree with you that the jag ones are not really my taste either!
I think I'll stick with them for now to get the b***er built but would be interested to hear what you're trying to fit instead?
Greg
Old 3rd October 2006, 08:33
Enthusiast

EddyP is on a distinguished road

ive got some satin finish mazda mx5 handles, not sure how much modification will be needed to the linkage rods just yet, im still working on getting them in, SVA is 3 weeks away so need to pull my finger out and get lots done!