Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > For Sale / Wanted > Cars and Parts for sale, swap or wanted

Cars and Parts for sale, swap or wanted Cars, finished or in various states of undress, parts, swaps and wanted. Post here for Free

Old 23rd May 2017, 16:00

maph2 is on a distinguished road
Default Classic Porsche 911 replica

In 2013 i came across this sorry looking covin in a warehouse in Kenilworth, typical impact bumper wide arch 930 replica, built on a shortened beetle floorpan (IMO much more preferrable than a covin chassis as type 3 running gear is hard to source and harder to lower).

All the 'turbo gubbins' was stripped off and the shell converted to longnose narrow body early style porsche 911/912 over the course of 3 years. So thats new front wings, both bumpers, bonnet and rear arches. All requiring modification to fit. This is the only early 911/912 replica out there, on the road.

the engine is a an xr2i fuel injected unit, rated at 105bhp when new. the prvious owners fitted it then stalled the project. I've wired it in and plumbed it. The PO bought the engine as a complete running car. Done 88k IIRC (i have the original clocks. seems OK for an old cvh). Was mot'ed last year and has a fresh ticket last week. Been off the road since 2007 i believe. i've done about 50-60 miles in it (total).

Off the top of my head, here's a list of new stuff done:-

- new calipers, pads, discs, hoses, wheel bearings
- new dropped spindles,
- adjustable front beam with new ball joints & TRE's
- new front shocks
- new fuel tank
- new bonnet
- new bumpers
- new front wings
- new door mirrors
- 2/hd horn grills
- chrome wipers
- front and rear light clusters
- genuine porsche 914 gauges
- new speedo cable
- porsche decklid grill
- britax fixed point seat belts and new rear lap belts.
- front fuchs style 4.5 x15 fuchs rims rear 5.5 x15
- new kumho tyres all round (done 50-60 miles)
- new rear drums with porsche stud pattern
- new lowered extended rear spring plates and new bushes
- new twin box exhaust system
- new alloy rad, fan and plumbing
- new starter motor
- genuine porsche rear back seat with japan only extended rear seat squab
- genuine 911 chrome opening rear 3/4 windows
- new black/white number plates
- 911 alloy sill covers and arch trim
- new short shift gear stick with rebushed gear linkage
- new coil pack and throttle body
- new low and high pressure fuel pumps
- motolita steering wheel
- various genuine porsche rubber seals etc

Lots still to do so you too can have lots of fun! - porsche door handles, with new triggers, porsche door glass frames (genune 60's chrome on brass with opening quarterlights, and the interior still needs trimming up. Plenty of stuff left to do but i'd reckon 80-90% of the hard stuff has been done.

paint is rat look satin black, literally to seal the GRP as bodywork has been carried out.

Total car weight is about 850kg. much lighter than a 911/912 so 100bhp is plenty

As you can see, its been slammed for extra cool points. The front beam is at its highest setting so you can go lower.

Its time to sell to move my life on. its correctly registered as a "VW-porsche kit" on the v5 (in my name). an equivalanet porsche 912 is about 25k now. bearing in mind this is the only car of its kind on the road, its tricky to value. i've asked around and been advised to peg the value against porsche 356 coupe kits, so a completed shiny one goes for £15-20k. Two part-built kits recently sold on ebay for £10.5k and £13.5k, both not correctly registered, one with paint, one unpainted. one with a stanard engine, one with a freshly rebuilt engine.

If you like the idea of a early 911 but can't justify the £30k purchase price or the porsche running costs, then this is your solution. when was the last time you saw a slammed early 911......ideal for going to porsche shows or telling friends you own 'beetle' :P

Its correctly registered and has 12 months MoT. Sold as an evolving project as it still requires finishing off but does come with a whole bunch of parts.

£8699ono
Warwick

Cheers
Matt

Available from eBay
Old 23rd May 2017, 18:26

redratbike is on a distinguished road

I take it the reserve wasn't met on eBay followed this on retrorides ....now off to buy a winning lottery ticket
Old 24th May 2017, 08:08

maph2 is on a distinguished road

it was a no reserve auction starting at 99p..........but lots of dreamers and timewasters out there