Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Dino 246 Builds and Discussion

Dino 246 Builds and Discussion Da da da da daaa daa da da, ohoho Dino

Old 24th March 2020, 08:08

tonyvan is on a distinguished road
Default Dino back from paint

Dino went off to have a bit of paint work done. Did not want it to be pristine but was really happy when the car returned looking so shiny and ready to go about installing chrome work, new door rubbers, boot and bonnet rubbers, roof lining, badges etc and fitting interior back in. Lots of time to do all the bits with not being able to go out because of the Coronavirus. Bit of a pain because I’m also waiting for some bits to turn up but no post for the past three days. Anyway cracking on with all the things I can do

Last edited by tonyvan; 24th March 2020 at 08:11..
Available from eBay
Old 24th March 2020, 10:10

NeilF355 is on a distinguished road

Dino looks good Tony, I bet you are relieved to have it home before this lockdown, it would be difficult to work on it if it was stuck at the paint guys place.

Must get on with mine
Old 24th March 2020, 10:26

Hi Neil, yes I am, also I didn’t want it left outside at all. When I went to go to the body shop the other day just to get an update I turned up with sunshine, and the car was outside while they were making room and moving cars around. Almost instantly the clouds came over and we had torentional rain and small hail stones..... engine cover, boot lid and bonnet weren’t on, so within a min there was water everywhere. Rushed to get the car back undercover, but it just shows you how quick things can happen. At least it’s home now and I can check with the met office before I poke the nose out. Lol

Last edited by tonyvan; 24th March 2020 at 16:48..
Old 29th March 2020, 05:02
Enthusiast

rossnzwpi is on a distinguished road

Looks fantastic Tony! I only wish the photos were bigger (you should easily be able to do them 3 or 4 times that size). Looks like you have a great project for the duration. We went into lockdown on Weds 25 March here in New Zealand too, so its work from home till further notice.
Old 29th March 2020, 10:01

I’ve no idea why the pics are looking small. When I look at them, they also look a bit fuzzy like they are out of shot. Don’t know why as I just copied them from my phone.
Old 29th March 2020, 10:07

Another couple of pics.I’m going to tackle the exhaust this week as I’m not happy with how the exhaust looks, they tip down ever so slightly and there is no way of twisting the exhaust to correct the issue, so I’ve made some mock ups of the slash pipes I will get made. Just hope the company are working so I can order the tail pipes, and modify them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCC5AC1B-3AA8-41D9-BCA7-1C471FB20302.jpg (24.8 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg 2B5A14F3-3AE8-47CD-A23B-3C41A4DBA970.jpg (18.1 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by tonyvan; 29th March 2020 at 10:25.. Reason: Aaah