Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Italian Replica builds and chat

Italian Replica builds and chat Lamborghini, Ferrari, Lancia, any Italian replica car build and chat

Old 1st January 2019, 09:32

tonyvan is on a distinguished road
Default Testarossa Rep; Early Christmas present

Found this Testarossa replica in pretty good order. The intention is/was,to store it and not touch it until 2020, as I’m 99 % through completing my other project a Dino 246GT.
Based on the Pontiac Fiero this Testarossa,has been converted to right hand drive and the previous owner had the 2.8 v6 professionaly turbo charged and bored out to 3 ltr. I intend to do lots more cosmetic touches to the car to make it look a lot more authentic. The car itself has been off the rd and garaged for the past 7 years as the previous owner took it off the rd to do some cosmetic work , and respray the whole car. As with things in life this never happened and he decided to sell, and that’s where I am at at present. I don’t want to jump from one project to another but inpatients does get the better of me sometimes, and although I have kinda promised not to start any work, I’ve found I have already taken the wing mirrors off in 1 day of ownership,and cut out the slots that are in the original wing mirrors. Just need to fill in and blend in the cut outs....then I must promise myself to stop!!!!.
If anyone else has one of these it would be good to hear about them, and their experiences
Tony’s
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1271CBED-835F-49A8-9333-AEA780B0E9E4.jpg (22.0 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg 1826DF42-D3D3-4642-B81E-8BEBCA063B8C.jpg (26.8 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg 61A37487-9525-4561-A66E-F508EF8E0DB9.jpg (12.7 KB, 86 views)
Available from eBay
Old 2nd June 2020, 07:55

Well finally after a lot of logistical problems I have finally got the Testarossa under the same roof as the other cars and now I can start working on it at my leisure . I was unable to do any work on it for the past year, due to it being inaccessible, and working on garage lift and the Dino.
Gave the underside a really good clean of all the years of grease grime and dirt.On closer inspection both rear wheel hubs/bearings are worn completely out, New hubs on order along with brake Caliper sealing repair kits front and rear.Callipers stripped cleaned and repainted red ready for new seal kit.
All this in 3 days of it being in its new home.lol This project was something that I would just do up slowly, so I just want it in a condition of it rolling and mechanically sound.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F38A5DFC-5708-4EE6-AED4-45471317AB71.jpg (20.2 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 9D7C059D-7D3E-4219-8F49-11A123744A51.jpg (19.7 KB, 56 views)
Old 2nd September 2020, 19:13

redratbike is on a distinguished road

How’s the project coming along ??
Old 2nd September 2020, 19:29

My intention was to leave this project for a couple of years. It was in a friends garage up until 3 months ago when in lockdown I got the car moved to mine, and it now resides on my ramp above the Dino. I wasn’t going to do any thing to it for a while, but again during lockdown I found myself rebuilding the rear brake callipers and the fronts + repainted callipers, and new pads. . Cleaned the whole underside of the car. Replaces both rear hubs, so it’s all new components on the rear end.removed sump as it had a slight oil leak from the gasket.new one ordered but received the wrong one...cleaned wheels up but will be referring the wheels. Bought 120 shiny new black chrome bolts and nuts to replace all the 3 piece split rim bolts. Just need to order another correct sump gasket, and fit. While sump is off, I can see the pistons are virtually new. Pics to follow.Too many projects on the go so may think of selling the Testarossa as new job and other things are taking priority., although it’s not a problem because it’s sat above the Dino out the way.

Last edited by tonyvan; 2nd September 2020 at 19:55..
Old 2nd September 2020, 19:56

More pics

Last edited by tonyvan; 2nd September 2020 at 19:58..
Old 3rd September 2020, 11:14

redratbike is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the update

All progress is good