Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 4th September 2006, 09:44

M is on a distinguished road

Hi Den..
Why not order their (Factoryfives) free infopack Which includes a superb DVD and then make your mind up instead of beliveing everything you read....

Kitcarman said:
"Originally Posted by Which?
Current top selling Cobra replica kit in USA is a budget offering from Factory Five….. based on Mustang….. the company recons to have sold 6,000 kits….."

Calling their kit a "budget offering" is an insult, in my opinion.

Where are We going? - No where it seems, stuck in "Which" direction ?..
Old 4th September 2006, 13:16
Enthusiast

kitcarman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by M
Hi Den..
Why not order their (Factoryfives) free infopack Which includes a superb DVD and then make your mind up instead of beliveing everything you read....

Kitcarman said:
"Originally Posted by Which?
Current top selling Cobra replica kit in USA is a budget offering from Factory Five….. based on Mustang….. the company recons to have sold 6,000 kits….."

Calling their kit a "budget offering" is an insult, in my opinion.

What makes you think I believed what I read?

What’s for sure is that no Mustang based kit is going to be the answer to any perceived problem in the UK, nor will it influence direction over here.

As to Which direction: journalists should be careful to report what’s actually happening rather than what they’d like see to happening. Reporting that X or Y kit might sell up to 50 units a month is just crass in my opinion. It also distorts and misrepresents the truth – just as was intended.

What I’d like to know, is how come you and Which share precisely the same off-topic fixation at exactly the same time and in relation to exactly the same kit?

Den
Old 4th September 2006, 15:52
Enthusiast

vojx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitcarman

What’s for sure is that no Mustang based kit is going to be the answer to any perceived problem in the UK, nor will it influence direction over here.

As to Which direction: journalists should be careful to report what’s actually happening rather than what they’d like see to happening. Reporting that X or Y kit might sell up to 50 units a month is just crass in my opinion. It also distorts and misrepresents the truth – just as was intended.

What I’d like to know, is how come you and Which share precisely the same off-topic fixation at exactly the same time and in relation to exactly the same kit?

Den
i've looked at M's posts, all 9 of them since November 2005, and they tend to be a little provocative towards kitcarman. who is hiding behind the letter? no info in his profile - is he embarrassed of who he is? or who he works for?

perhaps JG should encourage everyone to use their real names, and not hide behind anonymous monikers?

vojx
Old 5th September 2006, 08:35

Quote:

Agree with you there, them Mustangs are to rare on this side of the pond.
Question remains, how come they can sell most kits in the world, (acc. to their website)? Is it just beacause it has the Mustang as donor?

Is it provokative to have an opinion, Vojx?

PS The Which mag isn't even availiable where I live. DS
Old 5th September 2006, 08:57
Enthusiast

Ex-Biker is on a distinguished road

M

I think the only concern here is that many of the people posting on here have been here for some time and all know of the issues that have gone on (and printed in the mags).

On another webforum there was so much 'baiting' and accusations that a few people were banned.

Den's knowledge is invaluable, so many people are concerned when things are mentioned regarding a certain magazine and certain manufacturer. Den is keen to fight his corner.

It would be nice if you introduced yourself (in way of your profile). Everyone here is interested in making friends.

We all enjoy a good debate.
Old 5th September 2006, 09:55
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by M
Is it provokative to have an opinion, Vojx?

Hi M,
I suppose the German spelling is for the benefit of Vojx? LOL!

If Which isn’t available where you live: it’s an amazing coincidence that you both refer to Factory Five in the same terms. There’s no natural connection that I can see.

Hi Vojx,
The provocation (or is it more like prevarication?) doesn’t concern me one bit….

But I am curious as to why all M’s posts have concerned BMW, Python and/or my references to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Biker
On another webforum there was so much 'baiting' and accusations that a few people were banned.
And like I recently said (in another thread on this forum): I think my words on that other forum have proved to be true.

Quote:
Den is keen to fight his corner.
I’d prefer to say that I’m ‘standing my ground’. The actual ‘fighting’ finished about a year ago. Presently the parties are respectively either licking their wounds or bleeding to death.

Quote:
It would be nice if you introduced yourself (in way of your profile). Everyone here is interested in making friends.

We all enjoy a good debate.
I think, in those words, you speak for everyone here, Mark.

Hi M,
So how about removing your veil?

Den.
Old 6th September 2006, 06:13

Lightbulb

I take you up on a dare, Den. If I "reveal" my tru identity and if I'm not the person you think I am, You'll attend the forthcoming National kit and performance show at Donington wearing a red clownnose!
Time to put your money were your mouth is
Old 6th September 2006, 08:56
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by M
I take you up on a dare, Den. If I "reveal" my tru identity and if I'm not the person you think I am, You'll attend the forthcoming National kit and performance show at Donington wearing a red clownnose!
Time to put your money were your mouth is
Interesting Challenge that, M.
But it contains a couple of fundamental problems.
Firstly, I haven’t a clue as to who you might be.
Secondly, I’m barred from the event in question.

Den
Old 6th September 2006, 09:46

Quote:
But it contains a couple of fundamental problems.
Firstly, I haven’t a clue as to who you might be.
Secondly, I’m barred from the event in question.

Den
1.I'm sure they let you in despite the barr if you came along with that nose strapped to your face=Problem 1 solved.
2.Then why raise questions/implications over my identity in the first place if you don't have a clue?=Problem 2 solved.

Problems solved.
Are you ready to put your money were your mouth is, Den? a simple yes or no will do?
Old 6th September 2006, 10:12
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by M
Then why raise questions/implications over my identity in the first place if you don't have a clue?
The questions have concerned why you’re being secretive. People who hide their identity usually have a hidden agenda – don’t they?

Even pirates nail their colours to the mast! That’s why firstly Vojx, then Mark, then I asked you to unveil yourself. We’d simply like to know who we’re talking to. Being good boys; we were all taught, as children, not to speak to strangers.

Den
Old 6th September 2006, 12:13
Enthusiast

Ex-Biker is on a distinguished road

M

What is the issue?

We have explained why we are (I guess) being nosey as to knowing a little about you.

It is an innocent request, yet you target Den as if you have something against him.
Old 6th September 2006, 12:26
Kit Car Dreamer

lambogenie is on a distinguished road

Time out children! Who REALLY cares who's who as long as we discuss kit cars? After all thats what this forum is about, isn't it?
Old 6th September 2006, 19:22
Enthusiast

kartman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambogenie
Who REALLY cares who's who as long as we discuss kit cars? After all thats what this forum is about, isn't it?
But too many forum threads have been ruined by people with hidden agenda's, so if he has nothing to hide why doesn't he come out in the open?
Old 6th September 2006, 19:59
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

M you are under no obligation to reveal your identity so please don't feel that you have to.

This is a friendly forum and peeps bend over backwards to help each other so it's only natural for people to ask who they are speaking too if only out of politeness. If you want to keep that to yourself then I don't see any problem with it.

John
Old 7th September 2006, 10:56

Well, it is not easy to discuss kitcars when the forum doberman selects you as his target, just beacause he doesn't share your opinion. Sorry if I helped derail this thread. My intention was to discuss kitcars, nothing else.
This identityfetish of yours was brought on me.

At least I tried to make it just a little bit more interesting, whith the clownnose, guess it revealed more about Den then me.

Finally a thought to JG:
How are you ever going to have a positive and productive forum If there's only room for one opinion and certain things is taboo because if brought up the doberman freaks.

Adieu
Old 7th September 2006, 11:09
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

M, on the subject of Den, frankly I value his input and whenever he's around we get a lively and worthwhile debate. Den has a lot of history in this industry and we need more like him to contribute to this forum.

As for how this forum will ever be productive and positive, well I think you are missing out if you don't think it is already.

M, Den, how about starting afresh?

John
Old 7th September 2006, 14:36
Enthusiast

John,
I know that you’re wise enough to see through the Doberman nonsense: but for the benefit of all, the following shows whose been barking at whom:-

Posted 3rd November 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by M
Just red the article, Kitcarman.
Since all publicity is good publicity…. your doing a great job, promoting the RV Python, what´s your cut?

A "filbyfactfile", I mean really, how mature is that????
Posted 4th November 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by M
Den… can´t you just try to be a man about it and move on with your life?
Posted 9th November 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by M
Hi Den, -No I won´t try to explain why it is immature to create a “Filbyfactfile” on the internet, you have to figure that one out for your self, maybe time will tell….
Posted 9th November 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by M
So, Den, you agree that the handling equals that of an old Sierra….
Posted 10th November 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by M
Couldn’t help noticing the irony, Den, if some kits actually are sold then Vince might afford paying his debt, what a bummer
Posted 31st August 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by M
Kitcarman said: "There are more BMW based kits in the pipeline."

Tell us more! (whithout mentioning the existing P*****, please.)
Posted 4th September
Quote:
Originally Posted by M
Hi Den..
Posted 5th September
Quote:
Originally Posted by M
Posted 6th September
Quote:
Originally Posted by M
I take you up on a dare, Den. If I "reveal" my tru identity… You'll attend…. wearing a red clownnose!
Followed by
Quote:
Originally Posted by M
Are you ready to put your money were your mouth is, Den? a simple yes or no will do?
Posted today, 7th September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by M
At least I tried to make it just a little bit more interesting, whith the clownnose, guess it revealed more about Den then me.
For my part, all I’ve done is to express my curiosity as to who it is that goads me to “be a man” and “mature” whilst also requesting me to act like a clown. Consistent he isn’t!

I’m still curious, but would like to move on. May I suggest that M starts his own thread in which he can raise his questions regarding the FilbyFactFile, Which Kit mag, Python and Donington, leaving the rest of us to discuss “Where We Are Going”.

Den
Old 7th September 2006, 15:05
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by M
Well, it is not easy to discuss kitcars when the forum doberman selects you as his target, just beacause he doesn't share your opinion. Sorry if I helped derail this thread. My intention was to discuss kitcars, nothing else.
This identityfetish of yours was brought on me.

Finally a thought to JG:
How are you ever going to have a positive and productive forum If there's only room for one opinion and certain things is taboo because if brought up the doberman freaks.

Adieu
is this a swipe at me questioning the intentions of M? grrrrrr....

i am on no-one's "side", i prefer coming to this forum to speak about kitcars and not to read comments designed to discredit or malign ANY individual

(not true totally - i take a lot of pleasure poking fun at Hawk Transformer owners)

hello, my name is Laurence (sorry. . .),not vojx, my friends call me lol

i'll just get me coat

Tschüs
Old 7th September 2006, 15:12
Enthusiast

no more OT posts

honest

as you were gentlemen

where are we going?

good question. . . i'll get back to you on that

good PR is required, and an unbiased manufacturers' association

shouldn't be too difficult

OK, found me coat
Old 8th September 2006, 12:05
Enthusiast

EddyP is on a distinguished road

its like a bl00dy playground in here, chill out guys and stop all the bitching.
You obviously have your differences, so just let them be and move on with things.