Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 20th December 2007, 13:50
Enthusiast

Ex-Biker is on a distinguished road
Default Stafford / Donington shows 2008 - official line

There has been a lot of debate on a certain forum regarding the Donington & Stafford shows clashing in 2008.

Last week, following a meeting of influencial people in the industry cleared up some of this.

Here is some extracts from the reprort:

A meeting was held on Tuesday 11 December hosted by SAMARA, with an open invitation to the ‘Kitcar Industry’ as a whole. The meeting was well attended with 23 manufacturers and traders represented.

Donington event on the 13/14 September will now become a one day Track Day for manufacturers on the Saturday 13 September 2008.

This appears a good compromise, which could well compliment, rather than conflict with the Stafford event.

Anyone care to comment?
Available from eBay
Old 20th December 2007, 15:42
Enthusiast

limpabit is on a distinguished road

Does this mean I could not for example go to Donny in mine without the manufactures permission?
Old 20th December 2007, 17:01
Enthusiast

I think it's just manufacturers on the track.

Will have to check out CKC for full details.
Old 20th December 2007, 20:19
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

Donington will end up being a non event I feel. If it ends up being manufacturer rides only on the track then I just don't see the point. Half the fun was going to a kit car show and while you were there giving your car a good hammering round the track, 2 for 1 if you like.

Making it 1 day will also put off a percentage of manufacturers and trade stands - a lot of effort for just 1 day if they are expected to put on an indoor and outdoor 'show'. I think people that have to come from further afield will also stay away (happy campers for instance)

I think next year may well be it's last

John
Old 21st December 2007, 08:55
Enthusiast

John

I read this as there is no show at Donington at all in 2008, only a track day.

The show is Stafford.

It has been commented that some manufacturers might spend Sat at Donington and Sun at Stafford. Lets face it, there are only a very small amount of manufacturers that have 2 demo vehicles.
Old 21st December 2007, 11:21
Enthusiast

kitcarman is on a distinguished road

Hi Folks,
I’ve been wanting to get back into show-biz for some time and I’m delighted that I’ve been able to do so with relative ease.

The way is clear for Stafford to establish itself as a great show and I’ll do all I can to make it just that.

How about a Mad-About stand? Want one?
Old 4th January 2008, 16:52
Kit Car Dreamer

Limelight Exhibition is on a distinguished road
Default Stafford/Donington shows 2008

Hi Guys,

I’ve not participated in the forums before but I have been reading them on and off for a while and am keen to clarify a few things.

Limelight Exhibitions will run two different events this season.

The National Kit & Performance Car Show at Donington Park will now become The National Kit & Performance Track Day and takes place on Saturday, 13th September. This change is due to the fact that there will be another show at Stafford on the same weekend and we do not feel there is room for two static events. The Donington event is not just for manufacturers but also for kit car enthusiasts to bring their own cars.

More exciting news comes in the form of a brand new two day track event at Bruntingthorpe Airfield in Leicestershire on Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th July. The National Performance Car Festival will be an action-packed weekend and is, I hope, just what kit car manufacturers and enthusiasts want to see as an alternative to the many static shows. Reading through and taking on board the suggestions on the recent thread on Pistonheads, we're really looking to give you what you want with this new event.

Kit car drivers will have their own section of track, there will be manufacturers' demo rides on another separate area of track and there will be a 4x4 course, go-kart area, camping, evening entertainment and more. This open air event will cater for manufacturers, traders, enthusiasts and clubs, with lots of entertainment and loads of track action over two days. There's only so much I can say right now, but more news about this vibrant event will be released over the coming months.

I’d like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy New Year.

All the best,

Sally @ Limelight Exhibitions
Old 4th January 2008, 22:14
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

Many thanks for the update Sally, sounds like a cracking event

Please let us know details as you know them so that I can update the events calendar (it will then appear on the Madabout home page as the event date gets nearer)

Cheers, John
Old 4th January 2008, 23:22
Enthusiast

limpabit is on a distinguished road

Book me in for both then!

Just a quick one. Should I go to a novice track day first as I have never been to one.

Flag colours etc.