Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 5th June 2015, 15:16

cal is on a distinguished road
Default Hello - SE5 builder

Afternoon all.
Ive been reading a few of the articles and build stories on this site for a while now and i have to say you guys produce some cracking builds. My favorite by far is the matt bronze Ribble/Samio.
Anyway i recall spotting the Smaio spyder some years ago with a very early build based on the triumph Herald, at the time i was building a westfield and didnt think much of them. However they have grown on me and i love the individuality of them and the endless options with them. Plus the lack of IVA is a god send, anyone who has done it knows the pain!!
Last year i purchased a Relaint Scimitar SE5 in a very sorry state with the idea of returning her to former glory albeit with a much larger engine. However the idea fell my the way when i moved to deepest darkest scotland forcing me to scrap all but the useable parts. I have now got myself a new mancave and space to continue the project and with my rolling chassis coming to me in weeks few i started looking what i could do with it.
I really love the G46 and the fact they are so different plus i can place it on top of an SE5 chassis!
Although i am currently a little confused as to the current state of play of Ribble/Samio. Are G46 body shells still being produced or do i have to murder/extort/bribe a current owner to sell me one?
Any advice welcome

Just thought i would say hello.
Available from eBay
Old 5th June 2015, 18:20

In addition im tempted to ask how much space is under the bonet of the G46 and the Classic spyder?
anyone able to give me a dimension from the bottom of their engine to the top of their bonnet?
Old 5th June 2015, 18:47
Enthusiast

micky1mo is on a distinguished road

Hi cal, welcome to the forum.

Sorry, but the G-46 body is not available and will remain unavailable for some time yet.

Are you thinking of "adapting" a Sammio Spyder body to fit a SE5?
As the bodies are single skin anything is possiable, I am at the moment "adapting" a Spyder body to fit a Scimitar SS1.
Old 5th June 2015, 19:05

Hi Micky1mo

Thankyou for the reply, i will have to go with plan B then, murder and extortion to get a bodyshell.

At the moment there is no definative plan for the body shell as i am ensuring that the chassis is fully up and running with the engine correctly mounted before i decide on a bodyshell route.

Worst case i may decide to modify a spyder shell to fit the SE5, off the top of my head i would assume the se5 chassis to be significantly longer than the herald, plus the samio nose seems to slope away quite quickly which would worry me with trying to locate a lexus v8 under it.
Old 7th July 2015, 11:20

HouseMartin is on a distinguished road
Default G46 - body

Surely this is what you are looking for

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013837369...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It looks a better made body than the G46 and has some history.

HM
Old 8th July 2015, 09:36

Thanks HM that looks very similar
Old 8th July 2015, 15:28

redratbike is on a distinguished road

I saw that much nicer shape

There is one up finished for sale on cars and classic website at the mokent

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C525200#

Last edited by redratbike; 8th July 2015 at 15:31..
Old 8th July 2015, 15:34

redratbike is on a distinguished road

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C558305 how much?!
Old 9th July 2015, 10:03

Mike65 is on a distinguished road

Hi Cal,

I struggled with the same problem. I have got an totally rebuild chassis of an SE5, with rebuild engine, gearbox, suspention, rear axle, etc., etc..

I contacted the Kougar compagny and the told me that only a body with doors, bonnet and boot, will be arround 6000 pounds. So the offer on ebay, is a bargain.

You need to know, that you have to short the body of the Monza. The wheelbase of the Scimitar is namely 10 till 15cm shorter when the Kougar Monza.
Old 11th July 2015, 08:30

Thanks mike for the input there, it will be a huge consideration when i get to the body stage, im still moving bits and boxes around the country so everything is not in one location at the minute.
Once i get everything here with me and the chassis finalised ile get some pics up and start scoping out a body.