Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Contact         Home of UK kit cars - Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > General Build Chat

General Build Chat Area for general build chat, questions, tips, tricks and progress

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th February 2016, 18:47
hagar hagar is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 4
hagar is on a distinguished road
Default Re Registration

Hi I have just purchased my first buggy. Its a ABS Freestyle virtually finished it came the V5 for the 1982 donor mini and the kit was purchased in 1999.
Can any body help me to step into the minefield of getting it registered, I looked on the Gov web site and it says something about if its over 10 years old it wont need the SVA/IVA test??
Help Please
Reply With Quote
Available from eBay
Old 14th February 2016, 06:23
AcC8braman's Avatar
AcC8braman AcC8braman is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 294
AcC8braman is on a distinguished road


It will need IVA, doesn't matter if it is over 10 years old. If it was a pure body swap, ie no chassis modification of the original, you can get it re-registered at the DVLA.

As there is no chassis with a mini and you are using all the donor parts, it will need IVA and will be registered using the suffix from the donor to denote the year.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +0. The time now is 09:21.

copyright 2000-2020
terms and conditions | privacy policy