Well grand plans and everything again .... it’s now May and I’ve only just got round to fitting the coilovers! I decided the garage was really too much of a mess and so the new project to tidy up the garage, fit shelving racks etc seemed to consume more time than I expected!
Fitting the coilovers actually turned out to be an easier job than I expected and was really just a couple of half days spread over the last 10 days. Many thanks to Nostromo for helping out with what was involved here. A good breaker bar and impact driver were a godsend and I’ve managed to lower whole car by around 55 - 60mm. There’s probably another 30-40mm it could go lower but the ground clearance particularly under the engine area is now significantly reduced so I’ll give it a chance to settle further and then decide.
I’m pretty pleased with the lower look and improvements to the stance, although as expected the BC Racing Coilovers are much stiffer but they are on the factory setting as they came out of the box.
I did find that because the front is lower, the passenger side front tyre is fouling the bracket I fabricated on that side to support the front bumper on full lock. Another one for the odds and sods list to finish before I can get the MOT.
I still need to sort out the passenger side of the bonnet/bumper where there’s gap and there’s a couple of other bits to get done included fitting the inner wheel arches I’ve made up.