Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Miglia Builds and discussion

Miglia Builds and discussion Miglia bodied builds

Old 7th October 2014, 16:07

Marc F is on a distinguished road

More will follow - these were hurriedly taken trailer shots. I will start a new thread this weekend once I start the build.
Old 8th October 2014, 17:34

Barry Stard is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the pictures markf. Bet you cantwait to crack on wit it now. Is it an opticall illusion or are those side vent centred between the door and wheelarch on one side but not tother? Probablly just the picture. Lookin forward to more update soon. Must get on with my sammio and put up some pictures too. Cheers Baz,
Old 8th October 2014, 17:37

just the way the pics show it :-)

It is in the garage now, so i will take some proper pics to show the side profile better, but as I said, that will form the start of my own hread. Would be good to see your Sammio.
Old 8th October 2014, 17:43

Funny things pictures.

Will getthe tarp off me sammio this week end and pop up some fotos on Monday, I promise.
Old 9th October 2014, 11:54

Rant mode on:

Timing is everything isn't it.

Just found a great guide to cleaning alloy parts - caustic soda then nitric acid. Only to find that from 4 September 2014 sale of Nitric acid to individuals is banned - need a government licence to buy the stuff. Licence is £40 and a whole load of arse ache, so will now probably have to get my alloy bits cleaned professionally. I hate that - what a country. No doubt it will keep us all safer in our beds as I assume terrorists cannot obtain these sort of things illegally... Sigh...

Rant over :-)
Old 9th October 2014, 15:13

Yep, that's the stuff - did you see the legal disclaimer etc at the bottom of the page. They cannot sell it to me now
Old 9th October 2014, 17:02

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Shhh! SO19 will come knocking if you just think about Nitric anything.
Old 10th October 2014, 14:06

Can some one remind me how to put pics on here. thx
Old 23rd January 2015, 19:21

Any progres mark?
Old 2nd February 2015, 16:23

Sorry everyone, I have been busy in the land of real life, with a lot of DIY keeping me (and my wallet) busy. A start date is imminent, so will set up a new thread with some photos once I kick off.

Of course, while I wait, I will mention that I am struggling to contact Mike re my missing grill and vents and receipt - if anyone catches him mention my name please :-)
Old 2nd February 2015, 17:54

Thurcroft flyer is on a distinguished road

I'm still trying to get my grill and headrest been 10 months now so don't hold your breath
Old 2nd February 2015, 20:59

U gotta feel sorry for who ever bid on his eBay auction recently
Old 3rd February 2015, 15:13

davecymru is on a distinguished road

While i like my Miglia kit quite a lot and It's no secret that i get on with Mike, TBH I gave up on my Grill and Headrest and decided to make my own!

From my perspective if he has supply issues with them, then just sell the kit as body-shell and frame. At least that way people have their expectations set and are able to make alternative arrangements.

BTW MarkF - I look fwd to seeing your build thread soon, but i totally know how DIY can impact a build! I was lucky and allowed a stay-of-lieu on repainting the windows on our house last year so i could start the Miglia, but i _have_ to do them this year or I'm a dead man
Old 3rd February 2015, 16:23

Thurcroft flyer is on a distinguished road

Yes your right dave he could have sold the kit as a frame and body and I would have still bought one, but he advertised mine with a fibreglass bulk head, and selection of grill, which I have paid for and did not receive, that's my only complaint. I too will not sit about waiting for it to turn up, I will also make my own, but what about a refund for bits not supplied, and there is the question of not receiving a receipt, for the purchase of the kit, he can a least reply to emails or phone calls surely.i have no grievances with Mike at all just expected correspondence to be easier, I am sure he is a very busy man.
Old 3rd February 2015, 19:50

HIGHLAND BUGGY is on a distinguished road

was hoping to build one of these :-(
Old 4th February 2015, 09:50

As everyone who has dealt with Mike knows, he is a good guy, but lousy on communication. I tried phone, email and message on eBay. I definitely need a receipt to register my car, so he is being a bit cheeky at present. But here's hoping :-)
Old 5th May 2015, 09:36

Sorry Oxford - I have created a new thread, and it has a photo of my car - come on over and take a peek. And if you are in th Essex area, then you can pop round for a cup of tea and I will show you the beast in the flesh.

My new thread has my own photos now I have mastered the art of posting from my phone. That's me, last of the luddites...
Old 5th May 2015, 09:59

Ah, I have not been clear enugh in that case - my apologies.

My Miglia is very much Spitfire based (next week, when the chassis on stands photos go up you will see the Spit chassis), and the body was shortened by Mike by 9 inches to suit, along with a custom made frame.

I think (IMHO) that it was the frame that made Mike decide to give up - I think it was just too much effort considering he has a full time day job. The frame was outsourced to a local fabricator at his expense, and it works ok. When I get to that part of the build I will probably do some modifications myself (including a centre tunnel etc).

And can I now ask that we stop this thread, as I would rather move all questions etc over to my new build thread, that way we can keep everything in one place. This old thread can then be left to wither and die.

So not trying to be rude, but I will now no longer answer questions on this thread, and hope that is ok for anbody reading.

All the best guys, Marc signing off (on this thread only).