Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 21st November 2012, 18:39

Cat7 is on a distinguished road
Default Improving wiper spinde position

probably being over picky so early on in my build, but i am not convinced the wiper position really works that well asthetically. I saw that Chris had the demo car with the wiper spindles more centralised and with blades orientated the other way.

I was wondering what the modification to the linkage was and how the park position being on a differant orientation was overcome?

It may be something that potentially coould be done with some Mini / Triumph sourced wheel boxes and motor?

Anyone else done something similar?

Nev

Last edited by Cat7; 21st November 2012 at 18:49..
Available from eBay
Old 21st November 2012, 18:50

Tribute Automotive is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
probably being over picky so early on in my build, but i am not convinced the wiper position really works that well asthetically. I saw that Chris had the demo car with the wiper spindles more centralised and with blades orientated the other way.

I was wondering what the modification to the linkage was and how the park position being on a differant orientation was overcome?

Anyone else done something similar?

Nev
The wiper set up on the red demo car was our prototype and replaced the entire MX5 wiper set up with a Triumph Herald motor and rack. This could be replicated on your car if you prefer it over the MX5 set up.
Old 21st November 2012, 19:01

I personally think it definately makes a differance, another item to discuss with you on Friday. I warn you now the list is extensive
Old 23rd November 2012, 21:02

Tribute Automotive is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
I personally think it definately makes a differance, another item to discuss with you on Friday. I warn you now the list is extensive
Great to meet you today Nev I hope the drive back was OK. It's always good for a customer to see a finished example of the car to help make decisions It sounds like you have some good ideas and will be a unique version of the MX250. See you again in a few weeks to pick up your kit.
Old 13th December 2012, 15:21

Default Started relocating wiper motor

Started relocating wiper motor today, so a few pictures of how I am intending to achieve it.

First fit.JPG

rivnit bottom mount.JPG

mounting rivnuts.JPG

Wiper bracket in situ.JPG

Intention is to move the spindles to the centre of the windscreen, similar to Chris's demo car but utilizing the Mazda equipment.

By placing the motor in a transposed position the direction of the motor changes.

You can also remove the rubber boot from the control rod and remove the plastic bearing, fit this the other way around and the rod is in the correct orientation to re-connect to the motor.

I will have to shorten the control rod and alter the length of the wiper wheel box arm, but it will take some experimenting. The offside wiper wheel box will also be relocated towards the centre of the windscreen.

Potentially each wiper will have a differant sweep length, so some experimenting will be in order.

If anyone else is interested I can make some templates of the changes.

Last edited by Cat7; 13th December 2012 at 15:33..
Old 2nd January 2013, 21:53

Default Wiper Mod video link

Hopefully link works below. Should be 2 x short vids and a couple of pictures.

Chris, if it does'ent work I will have to get you to post if antone is interested.

Nev.

Last edited by Cat7; 2nd January 2013 at 22:05..
Old 3rd January 2013, 18:40

seanick is on a distinguished road

Thats clever. Vid works fine too. Could you shorten the link to the first wiper, or put the primary rod onto the top hole to increase the sweep of that wiper, but keeping the sweep of the second one the same?
Old 3rd January 2013, 19:00

Seanick,

Still experimenting with the pivot points. What I have done so far is move the bottom pivot point further up the drive arm of the wheel box to increase the sweep, but have found by trying to get too greedy the rotational increase jams the wheel box on the return sweep.

It was quite straight forward to move the bottom pivot wheel on the wheel box, I used a small cutting disc to remove the spot weld and then you can knock out the splined ball. Then I drilled and tapped the ball and redrilled pivot arm and used a m4 bolt in the tapped hole.

I have picked an old wiper mech off ebay so once I have got it to a final set up I am happy with I can post some measurements if people are interested.

Nev