Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 26th January 2015, 16:03

gas guzzler is on a distinguished road
Default Insurance

I'm sure this has been covered numerous times, but I've just been given a quote which I think is a tad high, Just want to know if it is. It's with Aidrian Flux.
Okay I'm going to build a Z300s based on a Z3 2.8 (totally standard) and have been quoted £307 this will not be my main car and will have limted mileage of 5000. They said even if I put my 7 years ncb across it'll still be that as they've already factored that in

The thing is I have another Z3 2.8 for daily use, 7 years ncb, and that is £175 a year, also have a Scimitar GTE v6 3ltr which is £140.

Last year I sold a MX5 with a V8 3.5 and that was £198
So am I expecting to much? I thought Aidrian Flux were supposed to be best for kit cars.

Cheers Andy
Available from eBay
Old 13th April 2015, 15:34

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

I just got £215 from Adrian Flux (dropped from £302 in the renewal letter) and am also ringing around the others
Old 14th April 2015, 11:30

andysharrock is on a distinguished road

I have my gto with Aplan £152 full comp they said my splitty will be £120 and they did not want my no claims< my T5 due for renewal soon I have a plan for that to
Old 4th May 2015, 11:37

vandriver is on a distinguished road

My friend's Locust had £120
Old 23rd July 2015, 19:03

agl is on a distinguished road

Try:

www.classiclineinsurance.co.uk

Much cheaper than Adrian Flux in my experience, and believe me you don't want to be insured by Flux if you ever have a claim......
Old 8th January 2016, 12:44

smash is on a distinguished road

Just spent 35 minutes sporadically holding on the line with Adrian flux trying to change insurance from the Z3 donor to 250 Kalifornia. Change of car team passed me to policy amendment team as they reckoned it was still the same car - lots of odd questions and didn't seem to understand what was happening so after being left holding a further 10 minutes I just gave up and put the phone down.

Rang straight back to cancel the policy and go elsewhere and now waiting on a call back just to cancel.

The ironic thing is it would be the same underwriters for Z3 or 250 swb guise (Ageas)
Old 8th January 2016, 12:52

andysharrock is on a distinguished road

I can not fault Aplan they have been spot on with my camper, car and kit car. I change insures every year for a better price but I have been with these guys two years so they must be good
Old 8th January 2016, 13:00

smash is on a distinguished road

Yeah I'm sure someone else mentioned A plan - although I have reverse slightly on Flux as they just called back with great quote and refund to swap over so they did nail it in the end! I got the impression that the agents also get frustrated with the way and time it takes to deal with some things. Anyway it's sorted and the young lady who called me back was a good ambassador for them.