Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Closed Thread

Old 15th August 2016, 22:30

Triumph Special is on a distinguished road

Wow! That rear three-quarter shot is superb. The bumpers 'productionise' the look of the car considerably. If I opt for one - I want to see what the 275 looks like as a DHC, first - I'd have to budget for a set.
Old 16th August 2016, 09:18
Enthusiast

Nubodi Automotive is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash View Post
Very surprised to get the call from the polishers today already.

All I can say is wow, they've come out totally stunning! Very close to chrome reflectivity and makes the Aston petrol cap look satin

Should have had this done months ago.

This is now the front quarter seen before further up the thread:

And bumpers back on the car:

Should hopefully have time to get the grill surround "chromed" before the exhausts go on at the end of the month.
Yes and doesn't the paint look great!

No pain yet.
Old 16th August 2016, 10:37

smash is on a distinguished road

@Triumph Special - Yeah the bumpers do really change the look of the car - funny thing is for a moment when I took them off for a while I was thinking i actually quite like it without them! But once I saw them polished and fitted them back up they really do have a wow factor.

And yes DaveP, definitely falling in love with it as we slowly tick off the remaining things to do

@JaguarTVR - there is a place locally who do exactly the same process as used on the DNA bumpers - these guys here: http://www.chromespray.co.uk/process.html - very impressive. My plan is to get the grill surround done but i may need to buy a new surround first as the holes for the spotlights have been drilled where it's impossible to actually mount the spots. I could just cover them up with grommets and drill new ones - Chris has given me a quote on a new one so I need to think about that. While the surround is out I will get teh two grill retaining brackets powder coated - at the moment they appear to haev been rattle can'd satin black which is all pealing off. I'm thinking of getting the grill slats powder coated at the same time - easy to clean and added benefit of tightening the slots to stop the occasional rattling you get over bumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubodi Automotive View Post
Yes and doesn't the paint look great!

No pain yet.
Yep 90% does! At the same time tho that rear quarter photo highlights one one of the mop burn throughs I've been left to rectify - real shame that as you can see, there's clearly 2 inches of raw grp visible centre edge of the vent (even from that distance). It's a shame because all these things detract from the overall beauty of the car - people notice them when discussing the car, asking who built it etc.

Last edited by smash; 16th August 2016 at 11:47..
Old 16th August 2016, 11:49
Enthusiast

Illusion of what exactly?

If its supposed to be a 1960's car (as you have not badged it as a Ferrari) then it would be pretending to be 50+ years old? Would it not have a blemish or two anyway.

We are always willing to work with our customers when they are polite and reasonable. Its a shame you were not. These could have been resolved in a heartbeat.

Your attitude since shows all how difficult you were to work with. Registering a website in our name to attack us is not the actions of a rational person.

Luckily no one takes you seriously, obviously, as we are fully booked with customer builds till next August 2017.
Old 16th August 2016, 12:19

Paul L is on a distinguished road

It's Groundhog day here at MadAboutKitCars.

Old 16th August 2016, 12:33

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubodi Automotive View Post
Illusion of what exactly?

If its supposed to be a 1960's car (as you have not badged it as a Ferrari) then it would be pretending to be 50+ years old? Would it not have a blemish or two anyway.

We are always willing to work with our customers when they are polite and reasonable. Its a shame you were not. These could have been resolved in a heartbeat.

Your attitude since shows all how difficult you were to work with. Registering a website in our name to attack us is not the actions of a rational person.

Luckily no one takes you seriously, obviously, as we are fully booked with customer builds till next August 2017.

Smash, you are being so unreasonable, Nubodi has kindly burned through your paintwork in a few place, along with scratches etc to give you that "patina" of a 50 year old car.

I have never heard such a load of bollocks.
Old 16th August 2016, 15:09

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road

+1
Old 16th August 2016, 15:54
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
Smash, you are being so unreasonable, Nubodi has kindly burned through your paintwork in a few place, along with scratches etc to give you that "patina" of a 50 year old car.

I have never heard such a load of bollocks.
So you only have a sense of humour for people you like then?
Old 16th August 2016, 17:08

mazdarazmataz is on a distinguished road

Oh dear, serious lack of professionalism nubodi

I'm thankfull I'm a home builder, that way I only have myself to blame for shoddy workmanship.

Last edited by mazdarazmataz; 16th August 2016 at 17:21..
Old 16th August 2016, 17:59
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

And so it goes....

I have PM'd Smash and Nubodi that the best way forward is to Ban both users from the forum until they have resolved their differences.

Regardless of right or wrong, he said, she said, who's been reasonable, who hasn't, the forum doesn't need this constant bottom feeding, so a ban for a few months for things to get resolved off the forum is the only way I can see working going forward.

John

Last edited by JG; 16th August 2016 at 18:01..
Closed Thread