Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Show off your cars > Show us your Kit Cars

Show us your Kit Cars You've just taken 2 years to build your pride and joy, right? Then why not show it off here. Let us see your creations.

Old 24th November 2007, 09:12
Kit Car Dreamer

Dino246GT is on a distinguished road
Default J H Classics Dino 246GT

Heres a picture of my Ferrari Dino 246 GT Replica, its based on a Lancia Beta but has now been fitted with a Lancia Thema 2.0 16V engine with fuel injection.

The car was originally built around 1990/1991. after it had changed hands a couple of times, I bought it from a garage in a delapidated state.

The bodywork was resprayed in Ferrari Rosso red after much attention to stress cracks and other damage that the car had picked up.

I had a few teething problems with the fuel injection system as I have grafted the whole lot out of the doner car into the kit and turned the air plennum upside down to get it under the engine cover at the rear.

If anyone has any information on these cars I would love to hear from you.

Regards

Andrew Smith
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dino front small.JPG (93.5 KB, 95 views)
Available from eBay
Old 28th November 2007, 08:11
Kit Car Dreamer

Damien is on a distinguished road

I'm just crazy about Dino replicas and I would also love to get informations about them...

Nice car you have here. Do you have more pictures?
Old 3rd April 2008, 23:23
Kit Car Dreamer

MADMAN is on a distinguished road
Default Dino replica

Hi Damian, you can see my old Dino at www.355madman.piczo.com
just a few pics. car sold but I belive it is for sale again its fitted with a rover
V8 3.5ltr. MADMAN
Old 21st April 2008, 14:12
Kit Car Dreamer

deondino is on a distinguished road
Default deno replica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I'm just crazy about Dino replicas and I would also love to get informations about them...

Nice car you have here. Do you have more pictures?
damien did you find the information you wer looking for iam building a deon dino 246 gt i have some info build manual and source of parts info
regards
martin
Old 21st April 2008, 15:51
Kit Car Dreamer

Damien is on a distinguished road

No, sorry. Do you have some pics of your kit?
Old 22nd April 2008, 10:57
Kit Car Dreamer

deondino is on a distinguished road
Default deon dino build

Yes i have photos of the build iam about 70% through the build. i have the origional reciept from deon and build manuals and donor parts sheets. iam at the stage of sourcing the glass as it has none and thinking about windscreen motor as in the manual it says single wiper from fiat panda but origional had clap hand but the guy who still builds them in bridgewater who bought the moulds from deon want £1600 for glass and £200 for the clap hand wiper and £380 for the window frames for the doors so not going to be cheap to do the next stage. dont know how to post pictures because iam new to this.do people on this sight sell parts for the dino or know people who have parts?

regards
martin
Old 2nd May 2008, 21:10
Kit Car Dreamer

phil is on a distinguished road

Hi, this is my first visit (bit of a novice)
I bought my car about 2 years ago it's a deon built by J H Classics in 1995-ish it has a one off 3.7 ford engine (2.9 ford induction rebored) red with cream interior I think it looks great and drives well too, i'll try to post some pics as sonn as I work it out???

Phil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deondino View Post
Yes i have photos of the build iam about 70% through the build. i have the origional reciept from deon and build manuals and donor parts sheets. iam at the stage of sourcing the glass as it has none and thinking about windscreen motor as in the manual it says single wiper from fiat panda but origional had clap hand but the guy who still builds them in bridgewater who bought the moulds from deon want £1600 for glass and £200 for the clap hand wiper and £380 for the window frames for the doors so not going to be cheap to do the next stage. dont know how to post pictures because iam new to this.do people on this sight sell parts for the dino or know people who have parts?

regards
martin
Old 25th May 2008, 14:28
Kit Car Dreamer

JARED_NOMAK is on a distinguished road

Hi Phil,

Did you know that the 3.7 V6 was magazine featured. But they only did one as they had alot of problems with getting the engine to run right.

If you contact me directly I shall sent you a photo copy of the article.

Ross
Old 26th May 2008, 21:40
Kit Car Dreamer

Hi Ross, thanks for the info didn't know about prob's but have spent a bit of money on the engine so it makes sense but now it's working great. I'd like to see the article, I wonder have you got simular ?? still trying to work out how to post pics ??
Phil
Old 26th May 2008, 21:46
Kit Car Dreamer

Hi all, hope you like my deon
Phil

Old 27th May 2008, 18:01
Kit Car Dreamer

Hi all this should be pic of my car.
Old 27th May 2008, 19:04
Kit Car Dreamer

JARED_NOMAK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deondino View Post

regards
martin
Hi Martin
£1600 for the glass is shocking, The Ferrari Dino windscreen should only cost about £300 to £600 tops and the glass for the side windows about 35 each for the smaller ones and 60 for the wind down ones and any decent glazier should be able to e-mark these too which will be required for the SVA. As it is the Mirabeau I have worked on and currently have a second one needed built. The window frames and different and I don't need the rear window so can't really advise on this. If there is a local stainless steel or billet alluminium fabricator try and borrow a set of Deon frames off someone and get them fabricated in one of these materials rather than the poor quality cheap aluminium frames Deon used to supply.
There are so many stories with this new Company don't give them the money until your getting the goods as I know a guy who lost 600 quid from them and never got any of the goods he ordered. Alot like how Deon/JH Classics Used to operate.
Thanks
Ross
Old 28th May 2008, 09:25
Kit Car Dreamer

Default Ripped off

The screen broke on mine it cost me the best part of 12000 from Autoglass, as to the somerset firm I too was ripped off to the tune of 270.00 not as bad as some but still a pisser. Not sure what you can do perhaps one day I'll meet him( here's wishing)
ll
Phil