Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Dino 246 Builds and Discussion

Dino 246 Builds and Discussion Da da da da daaa daa da da, ohoho Dino

Old 4th January 2017, 02:10

Frank Obrien is on a distinguished road
Smile Is there a complete list of kit car Company's?

I am in Canada and looking to see if I can find a complete list of kit car manufactures in North America. Any help would be awesome. I did find a few lists. But there's got to be more manufactures than I have found so far. Thanks for any input. Maybe I'll start that list right here and now.
Available from eBay
Old 4th January 2017, 18:47

redratbike is on a distinguished road

Yes google is your friend sure I came across one a while back that listed loads of American kits
Old 4th January 2017, 20:45
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Steve Hole, who runs totalkitcar, keeps up a pretty comprehensive list .......

http://www.totalkitcar.com/manufactu...manufacturers/
Old 4th January 2017, 21:12

Wow This is what I was looking for . Thank you very much. Another gentleman suggested Google is my friend. No they are not lol. Dozens of dead links and a for ever effort to find who's who. Sometimes the same company comes up after they changed their web site ect. But this list looks great and is very much appreciated.
Old 4th January 2017, 21:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Obrien View Post
Wow This is what I was looking for . Thank you very much. Another gentleman suggested Google is my friend. No they are not lol. Dozens of dead links and a for ever effort to find who's who. Sometimes the same company comes up after they changed their web site ect. But this list looks great and is very much appreciated.
Well it's google where I found that list!
Old 4th January 2017, 21:57

Better luck than me. It was about a year back that I was looking. A lot of it could be the way Google calculates what pages you would be interested in according to what you normally search for. Never the less I'm grateful. And yes I'll try Google again.
Old 4th January 2017, 22:09

You guys have agreat choice of cars what do you Fancy Building?
Old 5th January 2017, 04:12

Default What I would like to build?

I respect most all of the kits out there. There's just one concept of a kit car I don't like. I mean good for someone to build it and enjoy it but it's just wrong to me. That's the modern Ferrari Lamborghini Bugatti copies. They are either done extremely badly and look like a joke or they are close in which case it's kind of like being "Fake". Posing almost. I don't know if that makes sense to any one. I think it's where people get a bad perception of Kit cars. And then there's the rest of all thats great about kits. Classic copies that are both historical and rare like the Cobra, Porsche 550 and older Ferrari classics like the Dino. No ones is trying to pretend it's real. In fact maybe that's it to me. If its a Classic, it's super rare so it's great someone made one. Then there's the purpose built unique originals like the dune buggy and other off roads. And original designs like the Sterling. And into today's purpose build unique's that are genuine super car kit cars like the Factory 5's and the Ultima Sports line. Of all these, I think my heart is calling to a classic Racer of some kind. Dino by Kelmark or the like of maybe? What was cool about the Kelmark GT. It said Kelmark and Not Ferrari and no one ever claimed it was. I respect a copy of a modern Ferrari or Lambo makes people happy. But no matter how well do it is, it's just a fake Rolex to me.
Old 17th January 2017, 20:03
Enthusiast

rossnzwpi is on a distinguished road

I like your thinking Frank! Except the comment about the Kelmark. Because the Dino is a work of art. Pininfarina is considered the Michelangelo of car design and the curves, proportions, stance of the Dino design is one of his best and most iconic works. The Kelmark is a bastardised abomination. It is the wrong width, the wrong stance entirely, the flow from roof to front via the windscreen is just about as ugly as you can get. The mish mash of flat curves and voluptuous curves shows no understanding of design..... I could go on but my rant is over.
Imagine the statue of David with sunglasses and Arnold Schwartzenegger's legs and a pot belly.......
Old 18th January 2017, 05:09

Default Pot Bellies lol

Hi Ross. I think I just learned something here. I love the Dino for all the reasons you said but I'm not a purest about it. I guess we all decide whats beautiful and whats crap and if we do it for ourselves, then that the best way to move forward. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And some how, my wife Loves me .... I think she needs glass but say nothing , okay?