Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 7th April 2006, 10:20
Kit Car Dreamer

Jez is on a distinguished road
Smile Leaving the comfortable world of 3 year warranties behind..

Hey guys,

Wanting input from the experts.

Ive been doing a bit of research and have discovered a couple of cars Im interested in.

1) Michalak C7
2) Dakar 4x4
3) Marlin Sportster
4) Retroforza

The Michalak seems to be the most promising to me at the moment, as its based on a very modern car (the smart fortwo) and has a lovely neoclassic racing style. Obviously the benefits of the little 600cc engine are the low insurance and tax benefits, but this little engine can be tuned to over 100bhp.

The Dakar 4x4 is a bit of an oddball in this collection, but there is something very exciting about this tonka toy. Downsides are the basis on old landrovers which is something i know NOTHING about. Although there have been some dakars bolted to old suzukis.

Marlin sportster is about as close to a penis extension as I think you would care to get. I think it looks great, but I think I might need to wait a few more years before insurance will allow me ot get hold of a decent sized block to give this car the engine it deserves.

The Retroforza is a bodykit for the Mk1 Mazda MX5/Eunos, I love the styling, but im not so fussed on the car its based on, being now a very old model, I dont know, maybe Im just being worried about thigns I shouldnt be.

Anyway Im looking to get the ball rolling in March next year, and essentially need this to be an every day car. I will probably sign myself up to a basic automotive maintenance couse in the evenings so I wont be completly useless when the little things go wrong.

Anyway looking for opinions, or if you can think of other models that may be suitable then Im all ears!

Last edited by Jez; 7th April 2006 at 10:22..
Available from eBay
Old 8th April 2006, 14:05
Enthusiast

holgate86 is on a distinguished road
Default which car

I own a Sportster and a 5exi and Marlin are a good company to deal with, however the Sportster is no way an everyday car, I would say it's more like a 7 with classic thirties styling. I think the Insurance would be worth checking it's not always as expensive for kit cars considering the performance you get even for young drivers.

good luck with it anyway.

Brian