Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds

Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds In a Vortex with your Phantom build? Share your build experiences here.

Old 30th September 2017, 10:34

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road
Default vortex spec's

Hi
New to this thread but on another.
Can anyone here give me the details of this car? Wheelbase /track etc. Details of the running gear used. I'm currently building a dino replica but i'm looking to upgrade the deon chassis and was wondering if the vortex chassis would be any better as a starting point. I have my engine and gearbox sorted.
Are the chassis's still manufactured? Any details would be appreciated.

ian
Available from eBay
Old 1st October 2017, 05:57

GttNz is on a distinguished road
Default vortex spec's

Hi Ian,

I'm currently nearing (I hope) then end of a GTT build. The only figure I have is front & rear track is 1592mm. Unfortunately my car is away at the trimmers so can't measure anything for you at the moment - maybe someone else can.

Yes the chassis is still being produced, Chris @Vortex could update you.

Alternatively a little while back there was an unfinished build at the rolling chassis stage that someone was selling - I can find out if it's still available if you think it might be of interest.

As far as other build details, have a browse of their website if you haven't already :
http://www.vortex-auto.com/vortex-gt...orts-cars.html

My engine/gearbox is from a Ford Focus 2.0 Ecoboost. Brakes are Rover/Granada, getting harder to source but I believe aftermarket may now be an option. There's also electric too.

Good luck with your build - a Dino was another I was tempted by.

Andy
Old 1st October 2017, 11:54

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road
Default vortex

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I've looked on his site and there's not really a lot of detail. Would really like a few photo's of the chassis. I'm looking at building my own to take my engine choice but based loosely around the dino one.
I have a deon dino but I keep altering it, cutting it, but I have the chance of a 246 shell that I know was moulded from a real car. Trouble is the 246 is longer than a 206 and also the deon version was shorter still,plus uses aging donor parts from the lancia beta and fiat 124!

ian
Old 2nd October 2017, 07:49

GttNz is on a distinguished road
Default Vortex Chassis

Hi Ian,
For some reason my profile does not allow me to add attachments("You may not post attachments"). If you'd like to PM me your email address I can send you a few photos of my chassis if that helps.
Andy