Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 21st June 2013, 16:48

Mark Burton is on a distinguished road
Default Workshop with Bulding Assistance - Mansfield area

Hi Guys, Been reading these threads with interest. Would anyone fancy utilising a nice 55` x 35` workshop I have at my home in the Mansfield area?

I am an engineer by trade and previously owned a modern accident repair centre which ran for nearly 20 years. (gained Yamaha, Subaru, Jeep, Chrysler and Dodge manufacturer approval). I`m a skilled body repairer, so have plenty of experience in repairs and re-furbishment of motor vehicles. Used to do a lot of manufacturer leased vehicles, which underwent Ford, Rover Volkswagen inspections, coachbuilt vehicles such as box vans, lutons, curtain siders, motorcycles and F3 Dallara racing cars, so very versatile.

I am considering `renting` space and delivering assistance with the tricky parts of these builds, be it tuition or on your behalf for such as welding, body preparation, re-finishing and final assembly. I have all the tools you would need, such as chop saws, grinders, Mig Welder, spot welder, panel beating tools, pneumatic tools, sanding gear, dust extraction, everything you would possibly need for a professional build.

Looks to me like this could be advantageous for someone with limited garage space and the cost of bringing your project here could be offset against the investment in equipment to work on your car. Tuition element could also be offered `after work` if others would like to attend. Anyone interested? Going to post this in the Sammio forum too. PM me if you guys think this would be handy.

Mark

Last edited by Mark Burton; 21st June 2013 at 17:14..
Available from eBay
Old 22nd June 2013, 05:33

AcC8braman is on a distinguished road

Welcome along Mark.

Could have done with you 2 years ago . I'm sure there will be plenty of interest in your services and space.

Have you considered advertising in any of the kit car mags?

Cheers

Steve
Old 22nd June 2013, 10:26

Hi Steve,

This is something I fancy doing outside of my regular job, so havent really considered placing adds in Kit Car mags. Its not a `commercially based` plan, as I imagine any builder wanting to go down this route would be working on their build after finishing work or at weekends, for which I can accomodate and give assistance with the workshop being on my doorstep (literally).

I do think that if someone does takes this option, then possibly throughout the build, we could open the doors on an evening for a practical demonstration for Body preparation, welding etc, showing what fillers to use, what abrasives to use, how to set a spray gun up and so on, so it would be directly beneficial to anyone else building a similar kit.

I will post a few pics of the workshop after the weekend and see if we can do anything.

Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00054-20130623-1802.jpg (13.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00051-20130623-1556.jpg (74.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00049-20130623-1555.jpg (31.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00052-20130623-1602.jpg (20.0 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Mark Burton; 23rd June 2013 at 17:29..
Old 23rd June 2013, 17:31

Just added a few pics of workshop. Currently got a 9 metre trailer unit in, but you get the idea.