Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Closed Thread

Old 22nd December 2012, 18:01

twined43 is on a distinguished road
Default gary janes goods paid for and not received

Why am I not surprised to learn that other people have paid for goods that have not been received?
The list is growing!
Please let me know if you want to be added to the list.
Thank you.[

Last edited by twined43; 26th December 2012 at 13:33.. Reason: problem solved
Available from eBay
Old 22nd December 2012, 19:31

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Hey, you need to speak to this guy -

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...ead.php?t=4003

Looks like he's got the same axe to grind but his thread got closed just because this isn't the appropriate place to take up such an issue. Tch!
Old 24th December 2012, 10:41

steveinfrance is on a distinguished road
Default Please add me to the not received list

In 2011 I paid Gary Janes £2000 .00 for a commissioned car - after 6 months of false promises gave up and requested a refund - i then in July of 2012 - agreed to a cordite kit to compensate me for the Kit -

Merry Xmas Gary please can I have my goods or my money its been nearly two years and you simply ignore me
Old 24th December 2012, 13:33

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Some simple advice for anyone buying anything from anyone operating out of a small industrial unit anywhere, especially kit cars:

1/ Buyer beware - I've previously got as far as signing a large cheque for a speedster body just as the official receiver turned up to seize the company's assets. Thankfully I hadn't sent it.

2/ Don't pay in advance, well, not in full anyway. Negotiate a modest deposit in order to minimise your losses should the seller do a runner or go under.

3/ Pay the balance on collection/delivery once you're satisfied with the goods.

4/ Where possible pay by credit card for costly items - you're then protected by their rules and regs and can get your money back from the credit card company if necessary.

5/ If you're owed money don't sit on your hands for months/years, do something about it. A personal visit for smaller sums (worked for me with the tonneau that never arrived) or a solicitors letter/small claims court action for larger amounts should see results. Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

I'm sorry if that all sounds a bit obvious with hindsight, but it makes sense to me.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all Sammio customers, satisfied or otherwise!
Old 24th December 2012, 17:25

twined43 is on a distinguished road

Mr Towed-you are absolutely right and for a larger amount I would not have been so slack.However with all the "good guy "praise for him in this forum I figured it was OK-if someone is going to fraudulent why bother with a relatively small amount?
This is not about money any more really just natural justice and like you I would now offer the same warnings to others.
By the way my gripes are not aimed at the product!
Old 26th December 2012, 10:19

Default Lessons Learned

Have to say all good advice _ I actually would have liked the goods , however Gary seemed to be intent on building his own car rather than providing my goods or refunding me - however given someone got a refund - i will quickly check my bank account maybe I have been sent a Christmas present. In future i will be far more careful - I also think a Moravian Injunction may be the best way forward.
Old 3rd March 2017, 11:37

Mark Cooke is on a distinguished road
Default Gary Janes

Gary Janes has my Riley RMA which has not been returned and £2,000 for the deposit to turn the car into a special , I have been unable to contact him this has been going on since 2012 . Any help on contacting him and or locating him would be appreciated .
Old 3rd March 2017, 12:05

Default Gary Janes

Registration of my car is POG 128 . Mark
Old 3rd March 2017, 19:45

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Mark , I really , quite genuinely don't know who you are ...this was 5 years ago !! my telephone number hasn't changed , Im constantly on the forum ...Im not hard to find !

PLEASE MESSAGE ME DIRECT OR CALL ME ON 07970 636986
Old 3rd March 2017, 21:54

Default Riley RMA POG 128

Tried calling you Garry comes up unavailable its the old number I had for you before you , so that's the good news , I would like my car back please and the funds paid for the project remitted back . So when you are ready may be you could take my call. Many thanks Mark
Old 3rd March 2017, 22:48

I'm ready to talk to you ....I will take your call ......
Old 4th March 2017, 12:04

Mark ..Thank you for the call . I'm not sure everything you have stated was reasonable but I am happy to work with you to resolve the issue .

As JG has stated , this isn't the place to sort this out , the forum doesn't need to be used in that way , ...feel free to call me again , anytime , or I'm sure it will be ok to private message me on here ...I'm messaging you now to put my argument on record for both of our benefits .
Old 4th March 2017, 20:13

Default Riley RMA Reg POG 128

Gary I hope you can trace what has happened to my 1954 Riley RMA it was in your custody and I hope it has not been destroyed as you think it may have , I think this is unlikely as these twin cam Riley's are rare now , I would like the car back if possible . Let hope we can work this out . Mark
Old 6th March 2017, 17:49

Default Can I get my 2k back now too

Post content removed

Deal with your personal issues off the forum. Gary is on the end of the phone, deal with it in the real world. He has already stated he is happy to be contacted via the details given above.

Last edited by JG; 6th March 2017 at 20:36..
Closed Thread