Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Seven Style builds

Seven Style builds Westfields, Caterham, Dax Rush, Luego, Robin Hood, Tiger, Locust, MK, RAW, Quantum, you name it, you're building it, share it here.

Old 23rd July 2014, 10:11

Ron chandler is on a distinguished road
Default MK Indy/ZX12R differential clonking!

The recent rebuild has a new shock absorbing prop shaft, new rear wheel bearings and new CV joints but putting in to first gear and the first 3 gear changes all sound clonky as the gearbox snatches in to gear - the engine and clutch are fine. The engine is a Kawasaki ZX12R. The differential is a Ford Sierra 3.62 LSD

I'm not expecting super silky gear changes but play on the diff. input flange is like 7mm of free play. I suspect the differential gears rather than the drive pinion and crown wheel play although there is a bit of a whine but not excessive.

I'm looking for advice or contacts who could rebuild and reduce play to an absolute minimum. Any ideas? I live in Colchester, Essex, UK.

Ron
Available from eBay