Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 24th April 2017, 06:18

redratbike is on a distinguished road
Default Mirage 250 prices

just got this email,

thought I'd share it with you guys

We are just one week away from launching the Mirage 250 at the UK’s National Kit Car show and are able to release pricing information exclusively to you.

Kit Packages
Kits can be supplied in either one complete package, or in five partial kits for manageable staged construction. Kits will be publicly on sale from 2018 when we anticipate our build manual and build video series to be complete. These aids will allow customers to complete the build with ease and minimal support.
If customers would like to start to build this year, limited kits are available but will not be supplied with build literature or support material. Our team will however always be on the end of the phone or email if support is required.

Kit stages and prices are as follows:

Stage 1 – Chassis kit (£15,000 inc VAT)
Includes: main chassis, uprights, wishbones, bushes, springs, dampers, steering arms, steering rack and column, track rod ends, hubs, wheel bearings, all brake components, drive shafts and diff mounting kit.

Stage 2 – Mechanical/electrical kit (£13,500 inc VAT)
Includes: wheels, tyres, radiator, fans, engine cooling components, heater matrix, propshaft, lightened flywheel, all fuel components including tank, full loom and fuse box, ECU & management loom, battery, throttle body kit and linkage, complete exhaust system, air filter kit, windscreen washer pump and reservoir, horn kit and gear linkage kit.

Stage 3 – Body kit and externals (£12,100 inc VAT)
Includes: complete 1 piece body shell, all other body panels, body mounting panels, all hinges, all catches, release cables, inner wheel arches, door handles, door courtesy switches, door striker plates and check straps, door locks, grille surround and centre, all wing vents and all lights and fitting kits.

Stage 4 – Interior kit (£5,000 inc VAT)
Includes: dash mouldings, mounting brackets, glove box and lid, seats, seat runners, headrests, sun visors, all interior door handles, window winders and regulators, steering column and components, steering wheel, seat belts, demist vents, interior mirror, instrument set and senders.

Stage 5 – Exterior finishing kit (£4,390 inc VAT)
Includes: all window glass, window frames, window surrounds, window channels, all seals, weather strips and clips, bonnet stops, bonnet finisher, door mirror, wiper arms and blades.

Production Cars
Production cars start from £120,000 inc VAT and are available in both RHD and LHD. We will be looking to build 2-3 production cars this year and anticipate delivery times to initially be 4 – 6 months. Vehicle options and extras can be included at the time of ordering.

Note: The above parts list is only a summary. All of the required parts are included within each of the stages. All prices are correct as of 2017 and are subject to change.
Each kit stage requires a 15% deposit before ordering.
Production cars require a 20% deposit before ordering.
Delivery of kits can be arranged at the time of ordering. We can also ship worldwide.
Additional shipping costs will apply.

Pricing information will be released to the general public at the show and via our new website, available soon.

We look forward to assisting you in future in any way we can.

Kind Regards,
The Team at Mirage Automotive

Mirage Automotive Developments Ltd
Peel Hall Business Park,
Peel Road, Westby, Lancs.
FY4 5JX
Tel/Fax: 01253 734743
Email: enquiries@mirageautomotive.co.uk
Available from eBay
Old 24th April 2017, 08:46

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

So, a tenner short of fifty grand for the full kit.

Not too bad given the £120k they're asking for a turnkey car, but way out of my price range for a home build fun car I'm afraid.

Not sure if the National Kit Car Show is the right place to launch this type of car - I can't see many of these being built in sheds by men in flat caps and too many dreamers with no money (including me) are likely to crowd the stand.

I'd have thought launching the car at something like a Goodwood Members meet (not the Revival, see above) would be more likely to attract the sort of customers with deep enough pockets to buy/have built one of these undoubtedly beautiful and well developed cars, which would raise its credibility among the well heeled and see some serious orders.
Old 24th April 2017, 19:12

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

I agree ...Stoneleigh is not the place to promote this product ...Goodwood would be my obvious thought ....followed by Silverstone , some of the foreign events ..even Beaulieu maybe ...

Stoneleigh will gain it media coverage but probably no orders ...
Old 25th April 2017, 10:41

smash is on a distinguished road

I guess the question is what's the competition and how much

Only one I could find recently is this a rebodied 330 GT to 250 SWB sale value estimated at 180-200k. but it's almost (lol) real

http://bringatrailer.com/2014/11/17/...t-swb-replica/

Chris Evans recreation went for £600k

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/22725/lot/316/

So I guess 120k - although disappointingly expensive for us lot - is actually a reasonable-ish figure considering the competition. Yes, I know the tribute is a lot cheaper but it has all the limitations inherent with the original shape of the underpinnings so, even though the Mirage is not 100% accurate (doors are deeper than original and the shape of the nose and the bumper "nostrils" is different) I'd expect Tribute wouldn't be on the radar of a prospective Mirage customer because there are a lot of compromises to the original shape.

I think self build Ultima comes out around 50-60k these days, an alloy bodied exact cobra can be had turn key for around 80k - i guess exclusivity is the name of the game here for the Mirage and yes, probably the most expensive kit at the show.

Last edited by smash; 26th April 2017 at 07:46..
Old 25th April 2017, 18:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash View Post
...i guess exclusivity is the name of the game here for the Mirage and yes, probably the most expensive kit at the show.
...unless these guys show up (which they won't due to the exclusivity thing you wisely mentioned above).

http://www.asmotorsport.co.uk/index.html

Kit prices start from £80k for the fibreglass body and from £120k for the aluminium body.

You won't find that minor detail on their website, but I saw the prices displayed on their stand at Goodwood Revival, just before there was a brief scuffle involving me, security and the complimentary Werther's Originals.
Old 25th April 2017, 19:05

redratbike is on a distinguished road

To be fair they always said the 250 prices were going to be around the cost of a high spec cobra replica and as their is no real competition I believe it will sell but obviously low volume to a select few.

they have spent 5 or 6 years to get this far so it's not like it's been a quick project for large volume sales

... now how do I tell the wife a large part of my pension pot in ten years will be spent on a mirage 250 kit ha ha ha
Old 26th April 2017, 07:36

smash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post
...unless these guys show up (which they won't due to the exclusivity thing you wisely mentioned above).

Kit prices start from £80k for the fibreglass body and from £120k for the aluminium body.

You won't find that minor detail on their website, but I saw the prices displayed on their stand at Goodwood Revival, just before there was a brief scuffle involving me, security and the complimentary Werther's Originals.
Hmm - that's Andy Soar isn't it? Not sure IIRC but seem to remember a large 3D scanner was involved which created scale 'issues'...
Old 26th April 2017, 08:38

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post

There has to be a cheaper way for the average guy in the street to satisfy his desire to own a 50's race car replica ..surely ? :-)
Old 26th April 2017, 12:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot link View Post
There has to be a cheaper way for the average guy in the street to satisfy his desire to own a 50's race car replica ..surely ? :-)
If only someone could point us all in the right direction, eh?
Old 26th April 2017, 12:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash View Post
Hmm - that's Andy Soar isn't it? Not sure IIRC but seem to remember a large 3D scanner was involved which created scale 'issues'...
I'd say any scale issues are fairly irrelevant as pretty much nobody's ever seen a real one. Irrelevant, that is, unless you're paying £80-120k for it...
Old 6th July 2017, 20:35

molleur is on a distinguished road

This just in, Mirage 250 IVA approval
http://mirageautomotive.co.uk/news/