Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Closed Thread

Old 10th September 2006, 22:04
Kit Car Dreamer

coleman is on a distinguished road
Angry devious manufacturer should be stopped

Hello all I have just come across this web site which on the face of seems good but was horrified to see that in your list of manufacturers you still list vintage motors, this chap took £25000 off of a couple from Ireland showing them there near completed car, which was also shown to a chap from Scotland as his car he was in for £15000 2 weeks later went skint when it all come out 1 owner lost £450000 yes £450,000 this is all totally true check out the receivers details I know because I lost my deposit and meet these people at the receivers meetings, moulds changed to new companies so he still owns all his moulds now he starting up again using the name of asquith but he so devious he still uses all his old ads if you google vintage motors asquith comes up it turns out this is not the first time either he was under a different name before vintage motors and went skint this man does not care about what he has done he still taking peoples money to day this is peoples life savings involved here dreams to start a wedding hire business can you imagine the pain he has caused to verify this ask for a Mr Albin at Albin and son funeral directors in London please this web site should be careful who they let advertise on it this is bad for the kit car industry and innocent people, all that I have said can be verified I will give more details if you want them
Available from eBay
Old 11th September 2006, 07:56
Enthusiast

Ex-Biker is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a story for Den . . . .
Old 11th September 2006, 11:40
Enthusiast

EddyP is on a distinguished road

Pete Coleman by any chance?
Old 12th September 2006, 20:30
Kit Car Dreamer

who's den can he help those who lost their money
Old 12th September 2006, 20:34
Kit Car Dreamer

lets keep it to coleman
Old 12th September 2006, 21:47
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

Coleman, are you able to supply more details which can be verified.

Cheers, John
Old 13th September 2006, 07:24
Kit Car Dreamer

hello john totally why can you help
Old 13th September 2006, 18:30
Enthusiast

kitcarman is on a distinguished road

Hi Coleman,
As I said to you in an e-mail, the impression you convey would improve if you put a little more effort into punctuating your posts.

The (most recent) collapse of Vintage occurred this time last year. So why post now? My magazine lost money too (as on the previous two occasions) and so did the other kit car titles. My point is that nobody is publicising that business now – so, again, why your post at this belated stage?

Den
Old 13th September 2006, 19:19
Big Cheese

Den, I'm guessing because I still have them listed on Madabout. I do need to do an update so I'll take out the manufacturer details but keep the models for historical reference.

John
Old 13th September 2006, 20:54
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG
Den, I'm guessing because I still have them listed on Madabout. I do need to do an update so I'll take out the manufacturer details but keep the models for historical reference.

John
I think you’re right John.
Please forgive the old record, but it’s another example of the press not sounding alarm bells at the right time.

As I said, Kit Car (and the other mags) were stung three times by this business. That said, it’s difficult to know what would be done, for the best, if Asquith (the new owners of the Vintage range – an established and respected company) were to request advertising space. They say the old owner (Mr Bielby) now simply works for them.

The fact is that moulds do move following liquidation and so do the workers. Luego is another case in hand as is likely to be Robin Hood in a few days.

I reckon you’re right to leave the models but scratch the company reference.

Den.
Old 15th September 2006, 21:56
Kit Car Dreamer

Hello all once again sorry for my English I am trying to do my best. At my age and it is a second language and computers and emails are all new to me may be we all talk in Portuguese and I might do better the concern should be a man steeling peoples money not a full stop or two please.
Reply to den. In kit car mag vintage motors is listed on the web site under manufacturers. With a web link straight to Asquith vintage classics. Beilby bought the name Asquith its not as you say an established and respected company any more its beilby. On the left hand side of the screen you are advertising all Beilby's businesses for no charge to him. Quinn’s, his wedding car hire and wedding shop.
Royal he owns the moulds. Gentry given back to him by the liquidator in lieu of rent and storage at his premises. He was able to charge the liquidator rent because the land was in his name not vintage motors. So while the liquidator sorts out Beilby’s mess Beilby charges the liquidator rent. Where is the justice? The Gentry rights are now for sale surprise surprise kit car are advertising the fact for free and Beilby makes more money. The kit and part link goes straight to vintage motors more money to Beilby ok his son in law builds them but Beilby gets money for every time the mould is used
So when you say “ My point is that nobody is publicising that business now – so, again, why your post at this belated stage?” My friend you are very much publicising for him for free. You question why I bring this up now well its only just been finalised by the receiver last week which is about a year and in that year Beilby’s not only started two new businesses he still has the old one and has made even more money all-round where is the justice you seem more concerned with my English than honesty
No one got a penny out of Beilby that’s a fact I’ve got the receivers papers.
If the receiver did his job correctly he would have been caught. Beilby’s plea was that he was robbing Pedro to pay Miguel ok when you work hand to mouth it might be like this and at the end every one ok but if the receiver had asked Moss moulding he could have told them that Beilby could not of had six or seven customers for modal A's because in that time he had only bought three model A’s from moss the one that all the customers thought was theirs and the other two was known by moss to be for you guessed it for Beilby’s wedding car hire business which you will see in gold on Quinn’s web site the customers deposit money was paying for his Beilby's own cars to be built fact! So there was no hard luck story like he told the police. fact he showed each customer the same car and took their money he new what he was doing. He even used a customers supplied donor car on one of them because when the man who lost all his money ask for his donor back at least there was no trace of it. Fact! Another point which never came out but I uncovered was that out of the blue sky one day he employed what he called a production manager (I called him the fall guy) moving his sort of foreman in to the stores he is a good man Beilby could not afford to have him knowing what was going on, so in the stores he must go and not to get involved with the day to day workshop stuff. From this point you could not get through to Beilby for love or money. This chaps took some time but he realised what was going on and left soonly. The Police told me that Beilby said that at this time his production manager was running things and it was all to late when he found out what had happened. This is not true because Beilby signed the cheques to moss so he would have known he has not bought any bodies, signed letters to customers asking for deposits and second payments and final payments and paid in the moneys to his bank, so even if this could be remotely true he knows what was bought from moss and what moneys he banked from customers, plus would not a empty workshop of these six vehicles of given him a clue. And showing different people the same one vehicle Total madness! This is theft
Final bite in mad about kits thank you for removing him from your manufacturer list
Old 16th September 2006, 11:24
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleman
Reply to den. In kit car mag vintage motors is listed on the web site under manufacturers. With a web link straight to Asquith vintage classics.
Hi Coleman,
Can you please provide me with a link to this page?

Den.
Old 16th September 2006, 12:17
Big Cheese

Hi Den,

It's on your old site;

http://www.kit-cars.com/public_html/manlist.html

Cheers, John
Old 21st September 2006, 08:36
Kit Car Dreamer

Hi Coleman,
>I know its true - as I said on MadAbout - I've lost money three times!
>
>What do you think I can do to help?
>
>Den Tanner B.Sc.
>MD of Kitcars Intl. Ltd. Publishers of Kit Car and Cobra Magazines.

Hello Mr Tanner, as I have already said I am not so hot with computers, hence the reason for just finding your email saying What do you think I can do to help? As you can tell I no expert that is why it is up to all of us to inform others, before they get caught. I know that if there were no manufacturers you would have no mag, but sometimes some of the reports can be more towards and advert to the company than a genuine, critical report. I am not saying that is always the case but there must have been times when you have seen things that you just cant report. Or there would be trouble made for you and your mag. I take it they have to pay for the feature. If that’s the case, they are not going to pay for something they don’t want printed. So bang goes your mag and wages. I can understand that. This is the world that we live in. face to face speaking is very hard when it is critical etc. there’s always some form of intimidation, a pressure of some form. Having said all that thankfully there are good people out there, and do good work, and that is why it is so bad when bad people take advantage of others. What could you do, you have done features on this company when in business, the glossy pictures would of helped to convince people to go and buy. Well did you do feature in your mag when they went skint? There was said to be thirty odd of us who were caught by that company, could you not investigate yourself so you know the actual facts and do a article may be this time with a glossy picture of Beilby so people know what ever name he calls his self they will know not to part with any money (sorry I joke) but you must know what I mean, may be you are scared what damage it will do to yourself and the kit car industry. Truth sometimes does hurt but so does the Beilby’s of the world. If the truth is said, then it can only be good, for every one, and its is then up to others to support the brave who stand up to these people, very few people are in a position to help, you can if you really want to. The sad truth is Beilby is already trading again out there, and no one is doing any thing about it
Old 21st September 2006, 08:55
Enthusiast

Ex-Biker is on a distinguished road

Coleman

Manufacturers do not pay for articles in mags, only for advertising.

The only thing I can see Den being able to do, with sufficient evidence is reporting on the loss of money of people buying from this manufacturer and warning other to be cautious in the future.
Old 21st September 2006, 18:53
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG
Hi Den,

It's on your old site;

http://www.kit-cars.com/public_html/manlist.html

Cheers, John
Emmmm… Thanks John.
The manufacturer, Vintage, has simply re-branded his old site with new, Asquith, logos.
The fact is that Asquith have taken over the Vintage product range, so I really don’t know what should be done for the best. There’s nothing to suggest that Asquith is behaving badly that I’m aware of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Biker
Coleman,

Manufacturers do not pay for articles in mags, only for advertising.

The only thing I can see Den being able to do, with sufficient evidence is reporting on the loss of money of people buying from this manufacturer and warning other to be cautious in the future.
Except the old manufacturer is now a new one. Innocent until proven guilty … and all that.

Quote:
Hello Mr Tanner….
…… it is up to all of us to inform others, before they get caught.

……. sometimes some of the reports can be more towards and advert to the company than a genuine, critical report.

……. did you do feature in your mag when they went skint? There was said to be thirty odd of us who were caught by that company, could you not investigate yourself so you know the actual facts and do a article may be this time with a glossy picture of Beilby so people know what ever name he calls his self they will know not to part with any money (sorry I joke) but you must know what I mean….

…… may be you are scared what damage it will do to yourself and the kit car industry. Truth sometimes does hurt but so does the Beilby’s of the world. If the truth is said, then it can only be good, for every one, and its is then up to others to support the brave who stand up to these people, very few people are in a position to help, you can if you really want to.

The sad truth is Beilby is already trading again out there, and no one is doing any thing about it
Hi Coleman,
If you were to read other of my posts on this forum, you’d see that I really do care about matters of honesty and integrity of the press. No, I’m not scared of the consequences of exposing dodgy businesses, but one has to be careful when naming and shaming.

Did you know that Henry Ford’s first business went bankrupt? But his second venture was somewhat more successful. Would it have been right for journalists to knock his second venture on the strength of the first failure?

Den.
Old 24th September 2006, 15:56
Kit Car Dreamer

Hello Den, sorry I don’t mean you don’t care, I hope you do, so something will get done, why not expose what he has done all the truth, to warn people and if he does good with next business you can praise him using the truth, that way every body wins. If what he has done does not deserve naming and shaming then what does. Investigate from the start at heritage right through to this time surly it’s the people that are behind the business that are bad so changing the name is not going to help anyone. I found that Beilby’s new front man at Asquith is a Simon Rodes based in Wimbledon, long way from doncaster. may be he a good man and he don’t know the real Beilby either in which case he needs to be told, dont you think

Last edited by coleman; 24th September 2006 at 15:58..
Old 1st October 2006, 14:30
Kit Car Dreamer

Hello all, so no replies, no comments, this is real life, not a film, not a book where you can switch off, or put the book down, and life goes on before you started watching and reading, people whole lives have been affected by this, by one mans greed, and ability to con the unwise, I see its like the bully in the play ground, he’s not hitting me so I will turn away and say nothing, in stead of every one getting together and being strong and facing the bully, but when he picks on you and you look around and every one has turned away seeing nothing what do you do then, why no one speak up, surly there is someone with the strengths and knowledge to be able to lead the fight against the bully, it will only take one to speak out and as long as others support and not turn and run then the bully cant win. And new bullies won’t start. Don’t hide behind the idea that he’s not doing it now, so that’s ok. Its like saying I kill only one not everyone so that’s ok, I am being good now so I don’t need to be punished, And as for Henry ford are you saying that because he was very successful the second time it don’t matter, that when he first went skint, the people that lost money it don’t matter about them, may be those people was ruined by this and they had their success taken away from them, may be they would have been as successful as Henry if they had not had they money stolen from them. Again its like that bully in the play ground you say that you watched him steal the money from the little boy, and did nothing, but its ok because the bully buys sweets with the money and gives them to all those who watched, so it ok we all have a great time eating the sweets, no no no what about the little boy who lost his money, he had no good time, he not buy the food for his family that he was to do, so they all when hungry. Is this ok , no you say but it’s the same story with different words. Right is might. You can’t have two rules. What right does any one have to steel then use that money a second or third chance to be successful and then get credibility because with this stolen money he become successful I think this is bad thing and people are letting it happen as long as it don’t affect them. So bad thing this. please speak up you must have a comment so say it dont just watch and say nothing and if you all say the same things it might just stop the bullies

Last edited by coleman; 1st October 2006 at 14:37..
Old 1st October 2006, 18:26
Enthusiast

Fuoriserie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hello all, so no replies, no comments, this is real life, not a film, not a book where you can switch off, or put the book down, and life goes on before you started watching and reading, people whole lives have been affected by this, by one mans greed, and ability to con the unwise, I see its like the bully in the play ground, he’s not hitting me so I will turn away and say nothing, in stead of every one getting together and being strong and facing the bully, but when he picks on you and you look around and every one has turned away seeing nothing what do you do then, why no one speak up, surly there is someone with the strengths and knowledge to be able to lead the fight against the bully,
Coleman.
Like you said this is real life....I'm not for violence per se, but you need to fight back on your own.

Unfortunately when I was in school I had a few fights with bullies and I was alone!!!!!!!no one helped me or was on my side... i had to deal with it on my own grounds, and fought with everyone that was trying to bully me.

I understand what you are saying and what you're trying to convey, but sometimes you have to stand up for yourself and fight , even physically, for your rights.

So if this guy is still doing business, then you should take him politely by his ears, and let him return you/or other guy , the stolen money.....

Don't wait for anyone or anything, certain things are just personal and have to be dealt alone....it's just real life.
Old 4th October 2006, 06:43
Kit Car Dreamer

Hello Enthusiast well at least you replied, but this is not just personal, that’s what I am trying to say its your industry that should be involved, before it strangles it, the kit car world should be watching and self regulating protecting its self, not allowing this kind of person to use this trade to rob people, mud sticks and it will spoil it for every one am I the only one who can see it, brushing this under your carpet means that it will happen again and again
Closed Thread