Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Miglia Builds and discussion

Miglia Builds and discussion Miglia bodied builds

Old 26th July 2014, 01:39

mas123mas is on a distinguished road
Default Parts / Information Wanted

Please post here for any parts or additional general information required that is not specific to a build/thread.
Available from eBay
Old 26th July 2014, 01:45

Default mas123mas Triple Carb Set-Up

Can any shed any information on suppliers of triple carburettor manifold and associated parts, OR has anyone got one for sale (if so PM me).

I have seen this set up (on a GT6), and would like, to know approx. price, as this is some I am considering (price dependant), using three CD150's.

Old 26th July 2014, 08:12

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Jigsaw racing do triple Weber manifolds for 6 cylinder Triumphs -

http://www.jigsawracingservices.co.uk/aspiration.htm

You'd need to check for clearance though, three Webers are going to take up an awful lot more space than two Stombergs.

An interesting alternative would be the GoodPart manifolds for triple Stomberg 150's or 175's, available from across the pond -

https://www.goodparts.com/shop/index.php?categoryID=2

It does look like you'd need a mk2 engine and/or cylinder head to fit those though.

I'd be budgeting something like £600-£700 for the Stromberg set up (new manifold, 2nd hand carbs + carb service kits) or between £800 and £1,500 for Webers depending whether you use new or pre-owned carbs.

Alternatively, the Triumph lump responds pretty well to conventional tuning. Phil J's 2.5 six with mk2 vitesse cam and extractor exhaust has 128bhp at the flywheel on Stomberg 150's. God only knows what he'll get from the triple Webers he's fitting to his race car...

Oh, and I have a pair of 175 Strombergs with Vitesse manifold adaptors waiting in the wings to fit to mine in the Autumn. I'll keep you posted on the results.
Old 26th July 2014, 08:51

Thanks T, might try the Stromberg route, have a lot of work before I get to this point (so I may have changed my mind by then!!!!).
Old 26th July 2014, 16:26

davecymru is on a distinguished road

There is also the supercharger option! I know that someone has fitted a modern Mini supercharger! Just thought it worth mentioning as it keeps going around in my mind
Old 11th October 2014, 23:42

Default Dunlop Steel wheels with the dummy spinners

Wheel options!!!

I like the look of the Dunlop (or alternative make) Steel wheels with the dummy spinners.

Any ideas where I can buy some, that will the Vitesse MK2 hubs (PCD 3.75" / 95.25 (is this correct?)).

And what is the recommended size of tyre.

I am thinking of going for 185/65R15 with 15" 6J wheels can mod out rigger if needed.
Old 12th October 2014, 01:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas123mas View Post
Wheel options!!!

I like the look of the Dunlop (or alternative make) Steel wheels with the dummy spinners.

Any ideas where I can buy some, that will the Vitesse MK2 hubs (PCD 3.75" / 95.25 (is this correct?)).

And what is the recommended size of tyre.

I am thinking of going for 185/65R15 with 15" 6J wheels can mod out rigger if needed.
Sorry Mr T, posted then read your post on the Sammio forum.
Old 12th October 2014, 09:58

Quote:
Sorry Mr T, posted then read your post on the Sammio forum.
No problem Mas, I rather like the Dunlop look myself so it's something I'd given quite a bit of thought to.

Triumph TR steels look the part but aren't easy to find any more.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/triumph-tr...item3a98834a8a

Tribute fitted a set to their A352 demonstrator, and they suited it really well. I believe they used adaptors to match the stud pattern -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Cu...item1e8fbbe218

Quite a few people have also added dummy spinners to steel wheels to complete the look -

http://www.europaspares.com/abs-chro...-spinners.html

I'd go with 195/65/15's on those wheels myself. They're cheap, readily available, have a slightly taller sidewall for a more authentic look and are just 11mm smaller diameter than the 175/80/14's that fit the Sammio, so should also fit the Miglia as I believe there are some, erm, similarities in the design...
Old 12th October 2014, 12:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post
No problem Mas, I rather like the Dunlop look myself so it's something I'd given quite a bit of thought to.

Triumph TR steels look the part but aren't easy to find any more.

http://www.europaspares.com/abs-chro...-spinners.html

I'd go with 195/65/15's on those wheels myself. They're cheap, readily available, have a slightly taller sidewall for a more authentic look and are just 11mm smaller diameter than the 175/80/14's that fit the Sammio, so should also fit the Miglia as I believe there are some, erm, similarities in the design...
Mr T, Made an offer for the 5 wheels (got them for £180). Will order the spinners as you mentioned, also I am looking to Avon ZV tyres.

I was thinking about Avon ZV 195/65R15 Front and Avon ZV 205/65R15 on the Rear, but now I have bought the Dunlop, I think I should pay the bit extra and get Dunlop tyres need to look further in to it but think it may be the Dunlop SP Sport BluResponse range I go for (thoughts).

Just need more details on the spacers / adapters / wheel nuts etc required.

Last edited by mas123mas; 12th October 2014 at 12:57..
Old 12th October 2014, 13:39

Quote:
Just need more details on the spacers / adapters / wheel nuts etc required.
Well done for bagging those wheels so cheap, they look like a bargain!

Just found the right page on the Tribute A352 thread, they used Mike Satur adaptors intended for the MGF -

http://www.mikesatur.com/acatalog/On...dapters_5.html

They allow fitment of any wheel up to a 4x114 pcd to the Triumph 4x92.5 hubs. In common with MGB steels, the TR6 wheels are 4.5" (114mm) pcd so will fit with these adaptors. They're good value too compared with splined adaptors at around triple the price!

Tyre choice is a very personal thing on these cars, I'd love to fit Vredestein Sprint Classics to mine but they're eye wateringly expensive, so I go with my second favourites, Uniroyal Rain Experts -

I hope you're able to get them to fit, but at that price I don't think you'd have too much trouble getting your money back if you had to sell them on.
Old 12th October 2014, 13:47

Will order these, if my mate can not machine me some. Thanks T