Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds Enthused or Confused about your vintage Marlin build? Ask away here or show off your build.

Old 6th March 2011, 19:36

DannyCutts is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply looks like I will have to trawl through all the info on the site... lets hope I find something :-)
Old 7th March 2011, 11:26

Sorton is on a distinguished road

Although I have not looked into this subject in any depth, I always understood that the personal plate had to be the same age or older than the allocated plate.

I think the idea of an age related plate is to indicate the age of the vehicle (or the main components of the vehicle) not the build/registration date. In the eyes of the jobsworth gods at DVLA, putting on a younger personal plate would go against this concept, and might confuse poor old Jo public!
Old 7th March 2011, 11:37

DannyCutts is on a distinguished road

Well you see that is what I thought, but there is nothing on my V5 to say what the year is....

If I cant move the plate to the buggy its not a big deal its just I rather have it on there than anything else :-)
Old 7th March 2011, 14:24

Sorton is on a distinguished road

Nothing on the V5 except the registration itself which as an end V means 1979. Worth asking the question but I think the answer will be "no" as we both expect.
Old 7th March 2011, 14:35
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorton View Post
Although I have not looked into this subject in any depth, I always understood that the personal plate had to be the same age or older than the allocated plate.

I think the idea of an age related plate is to indicate the age of the vehicle (or the main components of the vehicle) not the build/registration date. In the eyes of the jobsworth gods at DVLA, putting on a younger personal plate would go against this concept, and might confuse poor old Jo public!
Sorton

You are not thinking like a 'Jobsworth' would!
If the buggy shows a first registration date of 2003, then the 1995 registration should be allowed to be transferred on to it. Simple - its all in the paperwork.Follow the procedure!