Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Miglia Builds and discussion

Miglia Builds and discussion Miglia bodied builds

Old 20th December 2015, 21:33

Tribute Automotive is on a distinguished road
Default TRIBUTE AUTOMOTIVE take over the MIGLIA SPEEDSTER

Following discussions with Mike Hughes at Automotive GRP Solutions, Tribute Automotive will be purchasing the Miglia Speedster moulds and jigs. Production will start from 5th January 2016. Any changes to specification, design or pricing will be announced once the 1st kit has been produced in the Tribute workshop.

Mike has chosen to sell the Miglia Speedster moulds as he feels it no longer fits in will his core business at his extremely busy Automotive GRP Solutions company. Mike would like future customers to receive the service with regards to timescales of delivery that they deserve, but is less likely to achieve in the future due to his ever expanding business going in other directions.

Tribute Automotive will not be taking over any outstanding Miglia Speedster builds or supply of outstanding parts.

For more information call Chris at Tribute Automotive on 07901 544241 or email: info@tributeautomotive.co.uk

The Tribute website ( www.tributeautomotive.co.uk ) will be updated with Miglia detail soon and will absorb the existing www.migliasportscars.co.uk website in the near future.

More news on the TRIBUTE MIGLIA SPEEDSTER will follow in the New Year.
Available from eBay
Old 20th December 2015, 21:43

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Tribute - Good luck with this Chris.

There does seem to be a lot of interest in the Miglia, so hopefully some certainty about production will help.

I'll update the various useful info threads with the news when I get the chance.

Cheers, Paul.
Old 20th December 2015, 22:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Tribute - Good luck with this Chris.

There does seem to be a lot of interest in the Miglia, so hopefully some certainty about production will help.

I'll update the various useful info threads with the news when I get the chance.

Cheers, Paul.
Thank you as always for your selfless use of time to update the Tribute Info. You are racking up a good discount on your next kit!!
Old 21st December 2015, 07:02

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Chris - You are more than welcome & there is now an impressive collection of finished Tributes on display.

Seeing your various kits develop has really given me the confidence to tackle the numerous problems with my own kit.

E.g. This was my attempt to re-shape a rear wheel arch a few days ago, but I just wish I could work as fast as you and Dan.

Take care, Paul.

PS
Hopefully DaveCymru will be able to provide you with some useful feedback on the Miglia Speedster following his build.

Old 22nd December 2015, 03:16

priceofhistoys is on a distinguished road

Good to see a company expanding. I would love a tribute kit one day to cruise the east coast of the US lol
Old 22nd December 2015, 08:03

davecymru is on a distinguished road

COOL!

Does this mean I'm being adopted?
Old 2nd January 2016, 13:20

OnePaintedMan is on a distinguished road

Any further updates on this? My New Years resolution was to build one of these so I'd like too know what's happening with pricing, specification changes and supply.
Old 2nd January 2016, 14:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePaintedMan View Post
Any further updates on this? My New Years resolution was to build one of these so I'd like too know what's happening with pricing, specification changes and supply.
I am collecting the Miglia moulds on Monday and we are producing a kit immediately. This will give us a chance to gauge production time and hence pricing, but it is unlikely to increase much, if any, above the £1950 that Mike was charging originally (he increased the kit price to £2300 on his website just before we came to a deal).

I have someone locally who will be building one, so will take that opportunity to assess the need for any changes/improvements, but until then the product will stay generally as Mike was producing it.

Please keep an eye on this Forum over the next two weeks for updates.

Last edited by Tribute Automotive; 2nd January 2016 at 14:46..
Old 24th January 2016, 06:24

reneanglia is on a distinguished road

It is 3 weeks already..................
Old 26th January 2016, 18:56

EL PRIMER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneanglia View Post
It is 3 weeks already..................
Nothing wrong with your calendar reading ability then !!
Old 26th January 2016, 19:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL PRIMER View Post
Nothing wrong with your calendar reading ability then !!
Learned it at elementary school where i also learned to keep my word and promises..........
I'll guess Tribute is too busy....................
Old 26th January 2016, 20:40

Roadster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneanglia View Post
Learned it at elementary school where i also learned to keep my word and promises..........
I'll guess Tribute is too busy....................
To be honest I haven't noticed Chris on for a while, although I know his mum is still recovering.
The workshop is busy and he has been working most Saturdays.
He is juggling lots of projects including the 275 and my mutant.

If you need info about the Miglia before the update arrives here I suggest you give him a ring.
Old 26th January 2016, 21:00

I don't need info before updates arrive,don't give him a ring,can understand if his mum is ill(just lost mine)and admire the Tribute crew for putting in the hours..........
My first post was only a way to see IF there was a update,El Primer responded sarcastic so i responded back.....
I still think chris had to post a small notice the updates will come at a later time,had cost him 1 minute of his precious time.
That's all,nothing more.
René
Old 26th January 2016, 21:12

Now that the first Tribute Miglia body and panels have been produced (see below) we now know the labour and material costs involved. What we are still not sure of is the framework as the jig and an example frame have not yet been delivered by Mike's original subcontractor, hence the delay in updating details on this forum.

Old 26th January 2016, 21:49

Thay's the way to reply Chris!
Body looks nice,
Old 1st February 2016, 09:53

swifty is on a distinguished road

The shell looks great, looks to have a good finish and a ballanced look, i could be tempted for the next build.

Looking forward to see how this project devlops.
Old 3rd February 2016, 08:08

davecymru is on a distinguished road

The Shells do look good and it's it clear that all of the time and effort Mike put in to the design has paid dividends.

But that is standalone and i would suggest that based on my build experience, until Chris has the shell + frame + a-donor and had chance to evaluate the fit / alignment etc. to 'his' standards then we won't know what changes (if any) are needed to make this a Tribute product!

I know i shared my experiences in my build thread and i will talk to people 1-2-1 about my personal opinions, but it'll also be interesting to see what Chris finds out for himself
Old 3rd February 2016, 10:51

Roadster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecymru View Post
The Shells do look good and it's it clear that all of the time and effort Mike put in to the design has paid dividends.

But that is standalone and i would suggest that based on my build experience, until Chris has the shell + frame + a-donor and had chance to evaluate the fit / alignment etc. to 'his' standards then we won't know what changes (if any) are needed to make this a Tribute product!

I know i shared my experiences in my build thread and i will talk to people 1-2-1 about my personal opinions, but it'll also be interesting to see what Chris finds out for himself
Very diplomatic Dave
So what you are saying is that while the Miglia is a more developed model than the Sammio, it still shares some of its traits
Old 4th February 2016, 13:48

Triumph Special is on a distinguished road

There seemed to be two Heralds being used as donors outside Mike's place today, though didn't see any GRP 'shells.
Old 6th February 2016, 20:10

EL PRIMER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumph Special View Post
There seemed to be two Heralds being used as donors outside Mike's place today, though didn't see any GRP 'shells.
Those two Heralds are actually Bisto34's next 2 projects . He has been commissioned to build 2 LHD Sammio's for a German guy and just happens to be in the unit next door but one to Mike .
He sourced 2 Heralds locally last week and I believe has found 2 s/hand Sammio bodies too .