Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin 5exi builds

Marlin 5exi builds Calling all you sexi builders....sorry 5exi builders, show us your progress.

Old 30th August 2007, 08:34
Enthusiast

Jon@JNRacing.co.uk is on a distinguished road
Default Sva??

I know there are a few threads on here about sva but I cant seem to find them. I'm thinking about making the race car road legal but to do this I got to go through all the SVA etc.

Does anyone have anything which states the basic rules/regs of the SVA. I can remember certain things from 4 years ago when my dad put his through but I'm hoping a 5EXi is easyer than the sportster.

If anyone cna help me with letting me know what must be covered up like the water lines through the middle etc then it would be a great help.

Cheers Jon
Available from eBay
Old 30th August 2007, 19:31
Enthusiast

SDMC001 is on a distinguished road

Jon

In the matter of the water pipes I would expect them to be covered by a rounded edged cover. The wheels probaly not much wider than 195, depending on offset. They like to see the brake and fuel pipes clipped every 300mm, I went every 150mm. The rear brake hoses, cable tied spacing from the rear suspension arms with rubber of someting, I used fuel pipe, same with the front, brake pedal rubbers. To be honest, whatever you think may need doing probably does, and soen things that dont, or yoy could just take it in, and see what it fails on, and rectify it.

Door mirrors.
Rear View Mirror.
Marlins full harness rod running from side to side failed SVA, on Trevors car, and it was reccomended to use normal seat belts, it did not meet the weight test.
The rear lights need to stick oout a bit further, I used rubber edging, Big Rich made up spacers with a bake bean can, heated it and made spacers out of the rubber floor inserts.

Not seeing your race car, i cannot thinnk of other things.

Sure there is other things, I will add them as they come to mind.

Steve
Old 30th August 2007, 19:40
Enthusiast

tony-g is on a distinguished road

hi jon

The ROHCAR web site has a downloadable pdf version of the sva manual plus some other bits a pieces for the sva test. (bottom of page).
http://nw.rhocar.org/

hope this helps
tony-g