Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin 5exi builds

Marlin 5exi builds Calling all you sexi builders....sorry 5exi builders, show us your progress.

Old 16th April 2006, 14:39
Enthusiast

SDMC001 is on a distinguished road
Default Windscreen

Hi all

Have been having my first bash at fitting the screen, did any of find you needed to take much off the dash to fit the screen comfortably. Have to say I have found no matter what i do the glass needs bending as such slightly, have you any suggestions of how this can be acieved, I assume is a slow and gentle process. Also, am I to assume that the main thing that holds the screen in the surround you fit with a 3 mm gap for the rag top.

Thanks Steve
Available from eBay
Old 16th April 2006, 16:21
Enthusiast

holgate86 is on a distinguished road
Default windscreen

Hi Steve,
The windscreen cap does not hold in the windscreen, it's main function is for the hood and to neaten up the windscreen surround.

The screen has to be bonded in using a product similar to silicone. If you can't get a perfect fit with the screen that's normal, it's nigh on impossible.

If you get the best fit you can around the roll bar and dashboard and use a finishing rubber strip round the bottem edge. You also need a seal around the glass where it rests against the roll bar. I would not fit the windscreen untill you are happy with the bodywork alignment as you will not be able to adjust the dashboard if needed.

I still have to improve the finish on the inside edge of the screen because it does not follow the shape of the dash very well, it's a bit of a cover up job i'm afraid but you won't be able to tell once it's finished.

hth Brian
Old 17th April 2006, 11:56
Enthusiast

marlinturbo is on a distinguished road

oh and don't force the windscreen down on to the roll bar like what i did and cracked it!!!

HTH

john
marlinturbo