Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 4th January 2012, 09:59

soporsche is on a distinguished road
Default Thinking of selling the Sammio!

Hi Guys, since a high level of initial enthusiasm time has passed and circumstances have changed. House, work, other car projects etc etc... As a result I think the Sammio has to go...... :-(

Though pretty muched finished, its still sat at the car builder's workshop in Newbury and the spec is as follows:
  • Early Sammio body - newer style bonnet with scoop for the SU's
  • Re-welded chasis
  • Additionally braced/welded Sammio frame
  • Very tunable Spitfire 1300 engine on twin carbs as used by most of the triumph racers as its lighter and revs more freely than the 1500 and runs on rollers (fitted as a replacement for original herald engine)
  • Completely re-wired (new loom)
  • New lights
  • New battery
  • New high spec leads
  • New electronic ignition - (full lumenition system)
  • New plugs
  • Custom stainless sports exhaust - fabricated specifically for car
  • Serious suspension - adjustable coilovers and rally spec springs
  • Modified battery box
  • Optional cosmetic s/steel roll hoop and brace bar
  • Re-trimmed in black vinyl
  • Correctly registered as Sammio Spyder
  • British racing green
  • 14' MG Wires on adapters and spinners
  • Mountney wheel
The floor is yet to be trimmed in rubber or ali check plate and final trim caps to be fitted to top rim. Race numbersn & roundals are optional and I have an envelope full of period decals like Tag Heuer, Mille Miglia, Pegasus, etc to go on the car.
Theres even a limited edition and quite rare open faced Mille Miglia helmet (large) at the right price..

£000's has been spent on this car in parts and labour (some planned and some not), I should be able to provide updated pics in the next few days/week or so. The current mechanic/fabricator/wizard is one of the UKs top hot rod builders and served time with a certain 'Gary' some years ago.

Now I realise that most of the guys on here are busy building and may not be in the market for a car in such a final state of build, you may however know someone who doesnt want to commit so much time to a build but loves these little cars..
PM if you are interested, Im unsure on fixed price yet as these things are difficult to value but price will be dependent on final spec i.e. do I have last trim bits fitted, seats, new MOT etc or does the buyer but £5800-£6500 is the ball park. Im posting it here first but it will go in the classifieds in the next month.
Thoughts and comments welcome.
All the best!
Available from eBay
Old 4th January 2012, 10:21

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear that you're having to part with your Sammio and good luck finding a buyer.

I know how I'd feel if I were in the same position. :...-(
Old 4th January 2012, 10:47

soporsche is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks

Yes, it is sad and I am gutted but the build took a lot longer than expected and the house restorations have got to full swing...

Its not all bad though as at the same time as waiting for the Sammio I realised another car dream in the form of something with 380bhp and Carrera in the name... :-)

Not the 'period' driving experience I was looking for but Im not in a position to own every type of car I would like..

Mid 2012 onwards I may be in a position to pursue a similar project to the sammio but if I do theres another very attractive spyder style rebody based on a scimitar chassis I will have my eye on.. A little more power too which is attractive to me..

I have to say, the enthusiasm, friendliness and general helpfulness of those on this forum has been amazing and I wish every one all the best with their cars and enjoying this mad obsession..
Old 4th January 2012, 11:07

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Sad to hear this, but needs must!

All the best with the sale, i think you've got the price right and it should sell quite quickly for that, especially now that we've gone past Christmas and people are starting to think about the days getting longer and sunnier again!