Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 13th July 2015, 20:58

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Now that you mention it, mine got broken into twice in a week while it was parked on a housing estate in Cardiff. First time they smashed two side windows to get in, did an untidy search of my cassette collection, decided they didn't like my taste in music and left it with the doors hanging open. The local police were really helpful, saying '...what do you expect parking a nice car like that in a shittole like this' it was the finest compliment anyone ever paid it.

A few days later, after spending a small fortune having the windows replaced, I parked it nearby with the doors unlocked, the glove box open and nothing of value in the car.

Two hours later it had another broken window and someone had stolen the stick-on smiley Garfield from the back window (remember those?). The fecking half wits hadn't even tried the doors before breaking in.

I had to cut a bit of plywood to replace the smashed rear quarterlight as I couldn't source one in Cardiff, and was driving back up to Scotland (where I lived) when I got stopped for speeding by a motorcycle cop, who was also curios as to why I was driving a half-timbered Maestro.

He asked me the usual question '...do you know how fast you were going?' to which I replied 'why yes officer, according to my speedo I was going two hundred and eighty eight miles per hour' delivered with such deadpan sincerity that he let me off with a bollocking.

Those were the days, when coppers were allowed to exercise discretion...
Old 14th July 2015, 08:27

a big scary monster is on a distinguished road

I too had a G plate mg maestro, it was a quick car, I remember buying and fitting a sports exhaust at the stoneleigh show probably 1993 we just drove it up a step behind one of the buildings and swapped the exhaust then entered the drag race they used to put on, scary 10 foot wide road with temporary barriers either side somewhere behind the horse oval track. We braked that hard at the end of the ¼ mile it tore one of the linings clean off the pad, so we went back to the halls and bought a set of mintex pads and a K&N air filter kit, then did the drag race again.
Reminds me just how big that show used to be, when it was all the big sheds that where the car for sale area this year they seemed ¼ mile long and it used to take 2 days to go round it, in fact the hall the tribute stand was in this year just used to be for food trucks, il try dig some photos out.
Maestro was blue/grey mettalic 2.0 litre, was very rusty when it got swapped for a mk1 mr2. Ed
Old 24th July 2015, 06:53

Roadster is on a distinguished road
Default project cancelled

The trouble when 2 creative minds meet is that you tend to get taken off in an unexpected direction.

The Zagato style Z300s has been canned

From simple sketches and a couple of hours brainstorming a new vision has been created.
No more for now but once its under way I will share more.

All I can hint is that It will be another Tribute model on your wish list, as if the choice isn't hard enough already.
Old 24th July 2015, 20:06

DSG4ME is on a distinguished road

What a shame, the ZZ Volante project looked interesting.
Let us all know more about the new project when possible.