Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > For Sale / Wanted > Cars and Parts for sale, swap or wanted

Cars and Parts for sale, swap or wanted Cars, finished or in various states of undress, parts, swaps and wanted. Post here for Free

Old 12th May 2018, 08:56

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road
Default Southern Roadcraft Daytona Spyder £3500

In the search for the Daytona that I recently bought I came across an unfinished Southern Roadcraft Daytona Spyder.
suspension fitted and sitting on compomotive replica Ferrari wheels. It does have a LHD rack fitted but an easy swap.
It comes with a V12 5.3 engine and autobox fitted but never been run so condition unkown.
Windscreen and trim present and it has a new stainless steel roof frame that cost £1200 on its own. No fabric roof.
Will need a lot of work to finish but a similar finished SR was up for £79k
The seller (not me) wants £3500.
He also has a 1996 Jaguar V12 6.0 which has an immaculate interior and mechanics but has sun damaged lacquer, he bought it to use on the SR to update it. He wants £1500 for it.
Together they would make a stunning Daytona.
PM me for further details.

only other one I could find was £13k and had no engine, interior or roof

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1970-Ferr...19.m1438.l2649
Available from eBay
Old 12th May 2018, 10:27
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

Darn it, these things never come up at the right time. If it's still for sale in a year - 18 months time then I'll have it (Highly doubtful it will be hanging around at that price).

Don't suppose you know of a source for front indicators, rear lights, dashboard, seats etc do you? Can't afford original so looking for alternatives, else I might look at making my own or getting parts that are a close match.

Have got my TVR on the road now and enjoying the glorious noise it makes but will start the conversion to Daytona very soon.

John
Old 12th May 2018, 11:01

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

I was looking for rear lights for mine, found someone doing repros, the rear lights alone are £800!
This car comes with a rear light set.
Old 12th May 2018, 20:05

NeilF355 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG View Post

Don't suppose you know of a source for front indicators, rear lights, dashboard, seats etc do you? Can't afford original so looking for alternatives, else I might look at making my own or getting parts that are a close match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
I was looking for rear lights for mine, found someone doing repros, the rear lights alone are £800!

I'm building a Dino at the moment which uses the same rear lights, I bought mine 2 years ago from Italy.

The lights were £250 (and need bulb holders to fit), similar to these on Ebay at the moment https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FERRARI-D...UAAOSw0JpV3MvK
Superformance also sell these for £320 +VAT +P&P http://www.superformance.co.uk/v12/lights.html

My chrome rings were £220 but the source in Italy I used no longer stocks them.
Superformance have them for £240 +VAT + P&P http://www.superformance.co.uk/v12/lights.html

I may be able to help on some other items that are common to both the Dino and the Daytona, just pm me if you need any info.
Regards
Neil

P.S. if you happen to look for Daytona front indicators on the Superformance page make sure you are sitting down before you see the prices
Old 12th May 2018, 20:38
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

Hi Neil, thanks for the offer and info. Those ebay rear lights look relatively cheap - it IS all relative though.

Price for bits of coloured plastic is mind boggling.... a grand just for indicator covers, not even the housing. £300 for a reversing light.

Think I will be making my own front indicators. Have seen some youtube clips where you can either make moulds and use a liquid plastic or simple heat and shape plastic to a mould shape, so will probably give that a go.

Early Saab 93 front indicators are a similar shape so was thinking of adapting the housing, utilising the bulb holder and reflective material and grafting on the new Daytona outer lens.