Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 12th September 2016, 17:57

gas guzzler is on a distinguished road
Default A few pictures from Goodwood

Took a few photos, some gorgeous cars, love the Aston Zagato. The 250 gto with condensation on the window is a replica (for sale at 60k) the other 250 gto I don't know, it had original Borranis and the interior had some pretty good race gear in it.

http://s243.photobucket.com/user/and...eshow/Goodwood

Andy
Available from eBay
Old 12th September 2016, 18:01

redratbike is on a distinguished road

Thanks for that.
Old 12th September 2016, 19:07

Roadster is on a distinguished road

Thanks Gas
I really want to get there one day
Old 12th September 2016, 19:17

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

I went this year on Saturday. It poured all day long which didn't help but I thought it was awful.
Far to crowded, queues everywhere, couldn't see any racing due to the crowds. All the stands were just shops and £75 per ticket. Best part were the car parks and you don't have to pay to get into the car park.
Felt very ripped off,never again, Bah humbug.
Old 12th September 2016, 20:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
I went this year on Saturday. It poured all day long which didn't help but I thought it was awful.
Far to crowded, queues everywhere, couldn't see any racing due to the crowds. All the stands were just shops and £75 per ticket. Best part were the car parks and you don't have to pay to get into the car park.
Totally agree with you, been about three times to the actual event but as with the festival of speed it has become a victim of it's own success. I just go down and spend a few hours in the car park now but this year they even had the food bars and tents fenced off, so probably the last time for me.

Andy
Old 12th September 2016, 20:47

Ollie is on a distinguished road

Just for a different perspective....i went about 3 yrs ago (when all those 250 GTO's were there...)
Went all 3 days, dressed up, stayed all day every day and thought it was the best motoring event i'd ever been to.
All the dream classics i'v ever wanted to see, including the Auto Unions, and the race transporters, Spitfires galore (of the flying kind) Mustangs, Thunderbolts, Cobra races, CanAm's....etc etc etc.....
I will 100% go again, and recommend it to anyone.
Sitting by the fence, trilby on, cold pint in hand, watching the best classics in the world hammer it out, spitfires dogfighting overhead....at 11 O clock on a sunny friday morning.
Thought i'd died and gone to heaven......
600 miles to get there and back...well worth it.
But thats just my take on it....
Old 12th September 2016, 20:57

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

That's why I'm such a fan of the LeMans Classic . A bigger event ,less crowded so you see everything , more to see , the weather is usually hot and sunny and cheaper for the three days than just the one at Goodwood.
Old 13th September 2016, 12:44

Charman.tech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
The early years of the festival & the revival were great, no fences for the drivers to hide behind, no autograph hunters, no bouncy castles etc now it so bloody crowed just another day out for people who do not have a clue about the history of the cars, we now call it the Festival of Greed!

Going to the Spa classic event this weekend (2nd time), 650 cars running entrance ticket is 30 Euro for the whole 3 days and to park the car is 12 Euro for the whole 3 days, location to die for open access all areas, all paddocks & pits just like Goodwood used to be. Classic 6 hours endurance is something else and the Master historic F1. How many DFV's does it take off the line to send you the heaven!

For any one tired of what Goodwood has become I could not recommend it more
Old 13th September 2016, 14:09

molleur is on a distinguished road

As a prior member of the GRRC and a guest member of the Goodwood Transportation Corps (the jeep guy's) from 2000 to 2009, I gave it all up as it became too restrictive and crowded. The advantages of GRRC membership did not outweigh the issue of the crowds. As I am in the USA, it became more difficult to decide
to attend the "Revival". Go to Spa Classic!
Old 13th September 2016, 15:51

Spa Classic is a must, been a few times great event. Stayed in a great Hotel in Spa itself, then up for breakfast before a nice drive to the racetrack and then parking up in the car park for Classics. You can just wander around all over the place it's so relaxed then back to Spa in the evening for great grub.
I'm actually driving across to Belgium on Friday so I expect there will be some great cars on route, didn't realise it was this weekend. If you see a bright yellow mx5 give a wave

Andy