Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin 5exi builds

Marlin 5exi builds Calling all you sexi builders....sorry 5exi builders, show us your progress.

Old 12th February 2005, 10:16
Enthusiast

Dan is on a distinguished road
Default 5EXI Donor Parts

No longer available
Available from eBay
Old 14th February 2005, 15:52
Enthusiast

MikeN is on a distinguished road

Dan can you tell me what spec (IS,IL etc) the Rover 25 was (ie did it have ABS etc), mileage also has it been stripped or is it still intact.

Regarding the engine is it the 1.8 16v or VVC? Mileage befopre rebuild if you know.

Regards

Mike.N
Old 14th February 2005, 16:47
Enthusiast

Hi

The whole lot is actually stripped off the car. non of the abs parts are included but if you wanted them I could get these bits before the car gets turned into a cube..
The whole car was a 1.6 Rover 25 . When the engine was rebuilt I had it rebuilt with 1.8 internals. It is just the standard 1.8 As I intended getting some head work done later on, which is a pain if you have the VVC mechanism in place.

As the gearbox is a PG1 box it's obviously not from the donor car. This was supplied by RSM, checked over and fitted with uprated steel bearings

The milage before rebuild was I think mid 40k. If you are interested I can find out the exact milage

This engine is basically the same as the one I'm actually fitting, standard it is 118BHP, with Jenvey DTH T/B's and a DTA ecu I should see 150 BHP and then with the head work done around 180-190 BHP

Just to clarify the engine rebuild, the head has not been touched as was fine, it was checked and all was OK. Brand new bearings, crank, pistons,
rings, liners ect have been fitted, Head gasket was obviously changed and a new cambelt and water pump fitted.

I'll leave this on here for a bit as It'd be good to sell the whole lot to a 5exi builder, after that I'll split the bits on ebay.

Cheers
Dan
Old 14th February 2005, 22:07
Enthusiast

Thanks Dan just one more question, have you got everything needed from the donor and engine wise to complete the build? including Loom ECU, 5AS, keys, etc.

Mike.N
Old 15th February 2005, 07:12
Enthusiast

Hi
This is one area I tried very hard with. As far as I'm aware everthing is there. The 5AS unit , loom ECU, keys ect are all there. To Be Honest I Do think I got everything, There's even new rear bearings to put in the Marlin Front Hubs. Ohh and I got Drum Brake rear splines to use in the front as requested by Marlin.
The engine is all there, all the ancillaries, injection system, ignition system and induction.

All I can really say is that if there is anything missing it can only be a very very small part. This bunch of parts is exactly the same as the lot
I'm going to be using.
How the heck I ended up with two lots of donor parts I just don't know If I can't sell them I could just order another kit..
Hope that helps

Dan
Old 15th February 2005, 10:03
Enthusiast

Dan, I am interested have left a message on your home answer machine and given my mobile number.

Speak to you soon

Mike N. (AKA ProMGR)

PS even more interested if you can salvage ABS parts and ECU as per your previous post.
Old 15th February 2005, 10:07
Enthusiast

HI
Didn't realise it was you. Have you actually ordered a kit then. You said on MG-Rover.org you were waiting to get your garage built..
Old 15th February 2005, 21:28
Enthusiast

Dan, Garage ordered and will be finished mid-march. Can't wait to get started.

Mike.N
Old 17th February 2005, 15:53
Enthusiast

bits no longer available