Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 6th April 2013, 21:43

Tribute Automotive is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyPL View Post
maybe someone will do a litle bit of photoshop ?
I will try and find a few minutes spare to do one
Old 6th April 2013, 22:43

tonyt is on a distinguished road

Thanks thats a great guide, may leave my hinges and just cut them off a bit and bolt them up so they don't rattle.
Old 21st April 2013, 19:35

fatbloke is on a distinguished road

Think I'm nearly there, arches flared and wings cut. Just need the body kit and can hardly wait.

and it's amazing how much of the car you have to remove just to get the fuel filler release cable out...

Old 23rd April 2013, 12:49

A few questions I hope some of you can answer. Am I right in assuming, because of the age of the car, it must have a rear fog light, reversing light, catalytic convertor and white and yellow number plates front and back respectively. If I choose not to fit these for "track" use they would have to fitted when presented for an MOT.

Also, there are some new rules coming in about MOT's around all cars having to be fitted with the original, or equivalent, suspension units (no more scrapping along the ground all you 206 owners!) unless it's MSA registered for race use. If I get the car registered as an MX250 I presume I can fit whatever I want WRT suspension as it's what I care to specify.
Old 23rd April 2013, 16:09

Hammy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbloke View Post
A few questions I hope some of you can answer. Am I right in assuming, because of the age of the car, it must have a rear fog light, reversing light, catalytic convertor and white and yellow number plates front and back respectively. If I choose not to fit these for "track" use they would have to fitted when presented for an MOT.

Also, there are some new rules coming in about MOT's around all cars having to be fitted with the original, or equivalent, suspension units (no more scrapping along the ground all you 206 owners!) unless it's MSA registered for race use. If I get the car registered as an MX250 I presume I can fit whatever I want WRT suspension as it's what I care to specify.
No reverse light needed for MOT, CAT needed from '92 onwards for MOT even if its pre 92 and had one originally it doesnt have to have one at MOT. The rest correct except for suspension mate, never heard of that. I wait to be corrected
Old 23rd April 2013, 20:41

landmannnn is on a distinguished road

You also need a repeater indicator on the front wing..

On the suspension front the mot testers have been asked to look at "radical modifications", very much up to the individual testers.
Old 23rd April 2013, 21:18

Forgot about the repeaters, cheers. Not planning to significant mods to the suspension, wanted to raise the rear and lower the front a bit to get a good rake angle so, hopefully, it'll be okay.
Old 23rd April 2013, 21:59

Can I make a suggestion that the rake maybe better set through radius profiles rather than different suspension settings, also if you do stick with the current idea that you lower the front first and make a decision afterwards. I personally would never raise the suspension on any sports car. The weight distribution on the mx5 is 50/50 perfect and its known as one of the best handling sports cars. I have to say all of this is only my experience and opinion so I am not saying this is gospel. You could end up with a nose heavy (not literally) rwd car..... A whole new driving lesson

PS. If you get it wrong with tyre profiles its easier sorted than redoing the suspension and also if you are talking about investing an expensive matched set of pro fully adjustable shocks and springs then that's different but if you are just talking about swapping the rear springs for taller ones and the fronts for lowered ones then you'll have a confused car and almost certainly different spring rates front and rear

Last edited by Hammy; 23rd April 2013 at 22:35..
Old 23rd April 2013, 22:04

BTW within a week I'll have photos of my 45mm lowered car with different profiles front and rear and will be able to have a look and let you know what I think mate Hth
Old 8th May 2013, 22:09

Help please - I want to put a single wiper onto my MX and the central wiper sits very nicely in the middle of the screen but how do I change the stroke to get a full sweep across the screen?
Old 12th May 2013, 19:12

You know, I can't help but think my first dry fit hasn't gone too well

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12th May 2013, 19:18

Danny_HUFC is on a distinguished road

Looks good sticking its tongue out!
Old 12th May 2013, 19:31

Maybe I'll cover it in fur and have a flappy tongue sticking out

Old 12th May 2013, 19:33

Tribute Automotive is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbloke View Post
You know, I can't help but think my first dry fit hasn't gone too well

[IMG][/IMG]
Age related memory loss is a terrible thing, I just looked at this picture and thought "Oh cr*p, I've given Patrick the wrong boot lid!!", having completely forgotten giving you that additional scrap boot skin from a hardtop kit to cut up for your rear vent "fins". I must be getting old(er)
Old 12th May 2013, 20:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt View Post
Thanks thats a great guide, may leave my hinges and just cut them off a bit and bolt them up so they don't rattle.
Mazda hinges now removed, on the Mk 1you have to unbolt the rear of the soft top but not remove it, to get at two 10mm nuts!
Old 18th May 2013, 19:19

First go at fitting the kit. Needed a bit of fettling to get the back end on.

For those that have used a Mk2, what did you do to bring the nose down? Mine is sitting way too high and, if you look at the front arches, the wheels are not central.
Old 18th May 2013, 20:49

Its looking good, have you fitted the headlights yet? If so you either need to cut the kit or the lightbowls to get t to sit right.
Old 18th May 2013, 21:25

No lights fitted yet. Already had to cut the front crash protection to get the kit on as the light bowls interfered. My concern is they now hit the front of the chassis.
Old 18th May 2013, 22:02

Not sure about the MK 2 but something is catching somewhere, probably just needs a bit of jigging about, Chris warned me that the 250c involved this at the rear but to be honest I had more trouble with the front, but you will get there with in the end, and it will be worth it.
Old 18th May 2013, 22:05

Looking at the pictures, have you tried pulling the front foward a bit? Forget where the wheels centre for now, the kit sits close to the wheels anyway.