Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 9th February 2014, 16:29

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road
Default Tribute Automotive Owners Club

Tribute Automotive Owners Club

To Join : Read below and them email me your details : tributeautomotiveoc@gmail.com

It is a very simple club. There is no joining fee and you get nothing for joining other than a membership number. If we need some money we will send an email to all members explaining what we need the money for, how much we want and ask you to paypal gift the money to us (cash, cheques and bank transfers can probably also be dealt with).

The plan is to keep the club simple, un-cliqued, fun and easy. There will be 2-3 TAOC events that will be exclusive to members, associate members, their friends and anyone else we decide might be fun to have there. The rest of the time people will just say which events they are planning on going to so other members can meet up. If other stuff develops then we will play it by ear.

I will be keeping a register of members and the cars. If you want to join then please fill in as many details as possible below. The first row is my details so you have an idea of what is meant. Your details won't be shared with other organisations without your permission.

Real Name Nick Clark
Email nclxxxx@gmail.com
Phone 7921092834
Phone 2
AKA WorldClassAccident
Location Southampton
Interesting Fact My name was earned, not chosen

Model Z300S Barchetta
Donor BMW Z3 2.8 Auto
Builder Tribute (If you built it from the kit put your name here instead)
Current State Complete (Choose from : Desired, Ordered,Received, In Progress, Complete, Crashed/Dead)
Date of Update Jan 2014
Original Owner Nick Clark
Owned From June 2013
Owned To Forever
Current Owner Nick Clark
Owned From June 2013
Owned To Forever

If you email me your details then you will become a member. If your car is not completed yet don't worry you will be a 'pending member' until it is on the road. If you don't own a Tribute (Chris!?) but still want to join the gang you can still apply as an associate member. Please add a statement saying why you should be included, the more amusing the more likely you are to be accepted
Available from eBay
Old 6th May 2014, 09:48

AGM May 2014 - Forgot to hold it but rough ramblings detailed below.

Membership Fee - No-one objected to a membershiop fee but we couldn't think of what to spend the money on. The conclusion was that for the moment there is no membership fee and you will be charged only for the events that you attend. The charge for the event will cover the cost of the event plus a little surplus to put in the kitty for the future.

Regular Events - The Tribute annual BBQ will now become a club event although non-club members may attend if they have the deposit money with them ;-). Stoneleigh will become a regular event. Other events like Castle Coombe or a possible trip to Beaulieu will count as Ad Hoc events and be organised by who ever is going and can be bothered.

Next Event - The Annual BBQ which will be held over the weekend of July 12/13th 2014 either on the Saturday or Sunday which will be decided nearer the day. We might hold another AGM as it will probably be easier to get all people together and I might remember

Club Roles and Responsibilities - I remember someone volunteering to be secretary but can't remember who. This will get sorted out at the BBQ along with any other roles people want to take on will be allocated.

I think that is everything that was discussed and set the bar for club organisation for the future
Old 6th May 2014, 17:03

Drummajor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldClassAccident View Post
AGM May 2014 - Forgot to hold it but rough ramblings detailed below.

Membership Fee - No-one objected to a membershiop fee but we couldn't think of what to spend the money on. The conclusion was that for the moment there is no membership fee and you will be charged only for the events that you attend. The charge for the event will cover the cost of the event plus a little surplus to put in the kitty for the future.

Regular Events - The Tribute annual BBQ will now become a club event although non-club members may attend if they have the deposit money with them ;-). Stoneleigh will become a regular event. Other events like Castle Coombe or a possible trip to Beaulieu will count as Ad Hoc events and be organised by who ever is going and can be bothered.

Next Event - The Annual BBQ which will be held over the weekend of July 12/13th 2014 either on the Saturday or Sunday which will be decided nearer the day. We might hold another AGM as it will probably be easier to get all people together and I might remember

Club Roles and Responsibilities - I remember someone volunteering to be secretary but can't remember who. This will get sorted out at the BBQ along with any other roles people want to take on will be allocated.

I think that is everything that was discussed and set the bar for club

organisation for the future

I thought we decided on the second week of August for the BBQ?
Old 6th May 2014, 17:08

I thought you said July - It will be whenever it is that you said you were on leave. Post the best date up here
Old 11th May 2014, 20:59

Dave Lowes is on a distinguished road

Count me in the owners club. Just sent email to the address above. Been out in mine today.
Old 26th October 2014, 13:07

fatbloke is on a distinguished road

Just out of interest, I live not far from York Raceway and they do a Run What You Brung event quite regularly. Anyone up for this next summer?

http://www.yorkraceway.org.uk/RWYB.html

Happy to contact York Raceway of enough people are up for this.
Old 23rd August 2015, 09:49

Roadster is on a distinguished road

Any club events looming Nick
The summer is still lingering
It would be great to see the various models together
Old 9th January 2016, 18:37

Drummajor is on a distinguished road

Are we getting together again this summer ?? BBQ?
AGM at stoneliegh ?
Old 10th January 2016, 09:50

Roadster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummajor View Post
Are we getting together again this summer ?? BBQ?
AGM at stoneliegh ?
I think it would be a great idea, we could invite the Miglia and Sammio/Ribble owners too.
Most of us contribute across forums and we know each other and I think the group of cars together would gain a lot of interest.
Old 10th January 2016, 11:37

Definite meet at Stoneliegh as that takes no arranging.

I can arrange a visit to the Tribute Workshop of Dreams, a drive along some pretty roads and a BBQ in the summer IF anyone is likely to come down this way.

The last time I tried this to coincide with the Beaulieu Autojumble I got one 'possible' but only if we changed the dates. The rest thought the south coast was too far to go and wanted something within 20 miles of their house.

I will start a separate thread for "The Great Drive South" and see who agrees to attend.
Old 25th February 2016, 22:27

trev dunn is on a distinguished road

Hi
Having tried to send my details via the link above and the emails keep being rejected, I thought it was about time I introduced myself to the forum. I am lucky enough to have the 250 SWB Convertible that Chris had up for sale on ebay just before Christmas. Having seen the kit at last years Stoneleigh I have been looking for a project car and the convertible was the ideal thing.
name Trevor Dunn
email trevdunn@talktalk.net
location Bolton, Lancs
model 250 SWB Convertible
builder Tribute
donor Z3 2.8 Manual
status in progress / on the road
owned since 1st Feb 20016

Having picked the car up from Chris I drove it all the way back to Bolton and the car performed superbly with no problems. I got plenty of thumbs up and plenty of attention at the service areas.

I will be going down to Stoneleigh again this year and it would be great to meet up with other Tribute owners. There are some great looking cars being built and it would be great to get some inspiration from some of you more experienced builders.
I have in the past had a few classics - 1966 mk2 jag, tvr vixen, marcos, lotus, gilbern, you can see the trend I am addicted to fibre glass cars, I must like the smell of glue. I will keep posted re arrangements for Stoneleigh and hope to see some of you down there. Cheers
Trev.
Old 31st May 2016, 15:30

Ullvik is on a distinguished road

Would a google map of tribute owners be of any use? I have left this one editable for anyone with the link. Just type in your postcode in the top search bar and then add a coloured marker. You can then edit the marker in the box on the left with your forum user name.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1je...aU&usp=sharing
Old 31st May 2016, 16:52

jones is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ullvik View Post
Would a google map of tribute owners be of any use? I have left this one editable for anyone with the link. Just type in your postcode in the top search bar and then add a coloured marker. You can then edit the marker in the box on the left with your forum user name.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1je...aU&usp=sharing
I have done this but just dropped the pin in the center as not putting my postcode in for obvious reasons. I would suggest doing the same and in the additional details section add the model type ie. Mx250 etc
Old 31st May 2016, 17:16

Ullvik is on a distinguished road

Yes, agreed. A rough estimation of location is all that is required. I will assume Tribute and Nubodi are ok with their postcodes included since the postcodes are on their websites.
Old 31st May 2016, 21:34

hurnleft is on a distinguished road

Done that. It will be interesting to see where we all are.
Old 5th November 2016, 19:02

mazdarazmataz is on a distinguished road

How many members so far?
Old 22nd December 2016, 16:57

brigidc8 is on a distinguished road

Also interested how many members are still part of this club. Is this still active (since this was started in the beginning of 2014)?
Old 22nd December 2016, 17:59

Not very active. I tried to organise a bbq one year but got no takers so got bored. I can try to dig out the emails to count the members.

I only set the club up to get cheaper insurance as a club member and free entry to the kit car show.

If anyone is interested in actually making it an active club I am happy to help them.

Pm me, but you might end up becoming the executive director by the end on the conversation ��
Old 20th March 2017, 21:11

kevemm is on a distinguished road
Default 250 swb

Just uploaded some pics nearly getting there and my dials do work, there is a great guy in Kent who can make this happen.

K
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 250 REAR NEARSIDE.jpg (98.5 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 250 FRONT NEARSIDE.jpg (97.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg INTERIOR 1 SEPT.jpg (91.1 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg INTERIOR 2 SEPT.jpg (89.8 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg DASH LIT UP 1.jpg (89.0 KB, 54 views)
Old 18th May 2017, 14:28

roger_thelwell is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys,

Richard Bird has just finished building my car and I'm interested attending your BBQ and having a run-out.

Do you guys have an itinerary for the day, start times etc?

Many thanks,
Roger