Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 30th September 2014, 09:39

aibremner is on a distinguished road
Default Alloy wings & baulkheads etc

Hi! I am a newbie so please be patient.

I am looking into the availability of alloy wings, baulkheads etc. I have a 1927 Hotchkiss rolling chassis and want to build up a Sportster. I have a Model T and a Dodge, both 1925. I may go open wheel or use a set of simple alloy cycle guards but some kit cars I have seen have pretty flowing Lagonda-style wings but are often only GRP. I prefer alloy. I can do the louvred bonnet but do need a baulkhead. Any idea? The vintage body builders seem to set their prices at a level which is way beyond my means and normally end up as a £250,000 replica Bentley etc. The Hotchkiss is never going to get up to those levels. I welcome news of alloy availability. Many thanks.
Available from eBay
Old 21st December 2014, 22:28

8 Valve Ed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aibremner View Post
Hi! I am a newbie so please be patient.

I am looking into the availability of alloy wings, baulkheads etc. I have a 1927 Hotchkiss rolling chassis and want to build up a Sportster. I have a Model T and a Dodge, both 1925. I may go open wheel or use a set of simple alloy cycle guards but some kit cars I have seen have pretty flowing Lagonda-style wings but are often only GRP. I prefer alloy. I can do the louvred bonnet but do need a baulkhead. Any idea? The vintage body builders seem to set their prices at a level which is way beyond my means and normally end up as a £250,000 replica Bentley etc. The Hotchkiss is never going to get up to those levels. I welcome news of alloy availability. Many thanks.
May be a bit late but take a look at this forum>>> http://allmetalshaping.com/index.php

There are a lot of people in the same boat as you there, it's a very friendly and helpful community.

Take a look at David's SS100 Jaguar project; craftsmanship in spades.>>> http://allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=9410

Last edited by 8 Valve Ed; 21st December 2014 at 22:30.. Reason: Adding a link.