Unfortunately I made the mistake of relying on a mate who owns a recovery company for getting her to the paint shop, and after waiting from our first agreed date of mid October until Feb for him to do me the favour I bit the bullet! I got the paint shop to lift the car and get started on prepping and painting.
The deal was, if I wasn't in a rush it would sit in a corner and whenever an apprentice was free they would work on it. And for this it would be done at cost. Good deal I thought. So by Easter I was obviously pushing but due to the bad weather over late winter early Spring in NI the shop had been busy and very little had been done to the car.
Long and short, in May I received the call to come and have a look an see if I was happy:
I think you would agree she was looking good!!!!
So at this point we were expecting delivery back to me at the end of May all put back together. If only!!!!!!!
The last weekend of June she finally came home, complete with a new windscreen (the old had some bad scratches) and the rear window bonded in:
Since then the rear lights have gone back in
I have re-glued the roof lining (it had dropped being baked in the oven), all trimmed round the rear window and doors, new interior bits fitted
New mirrors fitted
Front end put back together
And this afternoon I have been round to a mates workshop and the headlight alignment is done.
Roll on the MOT!!!!